• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E28+ 12V Electrical Distribution

Second Star

Member III
I have just bought a 28+ and am running down issues with how the 12V instruments and lights are distributed. The sounder was wired in with the cabin lights and so ran anytime the lights breaker was closed. When I removed the sounder to a different breaker the port side cabin lights went with it. I'm not sure if these dist issues "evolved" over time or were original.
Also, the mast lights don't work although the bulbs are good and the breakers are too. How are the wires connected (within the mast) at the base?

bayhoss

Member III
Second Star, first off - welcome to the forum! The wiring connections on my 28.2 (1986) should be about the same as your 28+. The connections on mine are inside the mast at the bottom. They make their way up to the mast thru the ceiling in the head. Check your connections carefully and check your ground connections. When and entire bank of lighting goes out that is good start to troubleshooting.

Hope this helps!
Frank

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Second Star E 28 +

I have just bought a 28+ and am running down issues with how the 12V instruments and lights are distributed. The sounder was wired in with the cabin lights and so ran anytime the lights breaker was closed. When I removed the sounder to a different breaker the port side cabin lights went with it. I'm not sure if these dist issues "evolved" over time or were original.
Also, the mast lights don't work although the bulbs are good and the breakers are too. How are the wires connected (within the mast) at the base?

Wellcome Second Star' I was woundering who purchased you, am quit surprised by your problem, because the last owner took such good care of your 28+ it must be at the mast conenection base because he had the mast out and did not use the boat much after that. I,ll talk to John Pirquett owner
of Hilda Harris or come to CFSA where you puurchsed the boat befor 10:) am
and race wih one of us and we can discuss this and any other issues you might have.

Chas on EDEN E 30+ # 720 Phone Victoria 250 478-3669
don"t for get the Rendezvous you can learn a lot there !