• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Head sink drain

gabosifat

Member III
Hi All,

I'm trying to find a new sink drain fitting for the head on my E35/3. Has anyone found a source? The sink is an oval stainless one, but the fitting isn't available as far as I can determine. I've been to 4 marine stores, as well as West Marine, 2 plumbing shops as well as Home Depot. The sizes available are all slightly larger than the one I have. There are ones which are close, but they have extra holes just below the top flange to collect water from the overflow holes which most new sinks now have (my sink doesn't have them).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Steve Gabbott
E35/3
Silent Dancer

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
http://www.scandvik.com/

You might check out the sink and drain fittings from this company. They were/are the source of the pull-out faucets and the drain fittings on the galley sink on our '88.

Loren

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Steve,

Try a good plumbing supply shop. You should be able to get a bar sink drain that fits.

gfilipi

Member I
Forspar sink drain

Hi Steve,

I ran in into the same problem. Forespar makes 2 models that are fit the small cutouts of those sinks and can fit smaller drain hoses that are 1 inch to 3/4 inch.

1-1/4" wide Straight which fits the oval head sink drain.

Forspar #907000 (sw-1) for 1 inch hose
Forspar #907013 (sw-5) for 3/4 inch hose

The only cometic issue is that it's not stainless steel in the sink drain, it's forspar plastic. I've not had any problems with it and had spent hours searching for somthing that never really worked until I installed the forespar drains.

Gene