• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Water based ablaitive bottom paint

oceandreams89

Member II
Anyone have any experience using water based bottom paint? I'm looking at Pettit Hydrocoat for my E-38. I hear it is great paint, and Sea Ray apparently used it exclusively on their boats.

I may have to remove it all in the fall for servicing the hull, and I am thinking Hydrocoat would be easier to remove from the hull if needed, but I'm not sure about that. Any experiences would be appreciated. I have always been a traditional ablaitive guy, and am having trouble switching easily without some experiences to back up the decession.

Thanks everyone...happy spring. 89 Degrees today at the yard in Haddam CT today. :cool:

Todd

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
The manager at the yard I'm hauled at stated they are using Hydrocoat almost exclusively and having good results. This marina has a pretty good tidal current so this may play a factor. Where I keep my boat the water barely moves so I need a very aggressive paint. I am not pleased with Interlux Extra, it didn't deliver on the multi-season rating. I'm trying Petit Ultima SR60 this time around. I had considered the Hydrocoat but I was informed ALL the other paint would have to come off first. Not gonna happen. Bottom line, if you have some water movement the Hydrocoat should work for you, RI and CT are pretty much the same water critters. RT

tilwinter

Member III
Sea Hawk paint

I just bought two gallons of Monterey by Sea Hawk over the web from The Bottom Paint Store, for $125 a gallon, no tax, free delivery.

It is a multi-season solvent free paint with favorable reviews.

I can't speak to its performance......give me a year.