• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

scupper drain needed for E-27

tenders

Innocent Bystander
The drains on my E32 are standard plumbing parts, procured from Home Depot for less than $5 apiece and cut down to size with a hacksaw.

They also leak like sieves between the top of the drain and the surrounding glass. This contributed to a lot of core delamination in the cockpit sole.

When you replace them I'd suggest reaming out all the surrounding core, refilling the hole with epoxy, and redrilling the hole.

dave kopp

scrupper drain

Thanks for the reply Tenders.

Not sure the 32 and the 27 have the same type of drain. I've been to west marine and hardware stores and have not found a similar piece. The drain I have now, which I think is original, is about three to four inches in length and is threaded brass material.

Emerald

Are you near Annapolis? This is the type of thing to go pawing through the boxes at Bacon's and see if you don't score a nice scupper. Great lunch diversion if you're near by.

dave kopp

scupper drain

Hello Emerald

I'm up near middle river and the Baltimore Yacht Club.
Can you provide contact information or web page information for Bacon's? Thanks for the lead.

Emerald

Their website is here:

http://baconsails.com/

and 410-263-4880.

This is the type of thing you almost need to browse for. They literally have shelves of plumbing stuff piled up. What is the diameter of your cutout? I am probably going to be swinging by tomorrow or the next day and could take a quick look for you.

dave kopp

scupper

Emerald,

Thanks for your kind offer.I will not be able to measure the opening till this weekend. I have a few other options to check out on my end. Thanks again.

Emerald

Hi,

just keep me posted. I try to swing by on at least one lunch a week. I'm a week or two overdue, so I MUST stop by this week and probably again next week to make up for it :egrin:

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Sorry I did not get back sooner, had an emergency skiing trip to the mountains after a cold late season storm :).

This is a good time to increase the size of your cockpit drains. On my E27 I used 1 1/2" plastic drains (West Marine #1868397) on the two forward cockpit scuppers. The two aft drains are still the original 1" metal scuppers.