• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Racor filter info request

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I have a factory installation of a 220 series Racor filter for the Universal M25XP diesel engine.
I just changed the filters, both the engine spin-on and the Racor.
While the instructions printed on the side of the R24S replacement filter are OK, it would be nice to have a copy of the original Racor parts diagram. I looked on the Racor site, but the pdf d/l only shows an external view and notes that my model has been superceded.
If anyone has a copy or the Racor information they could scan and attach, that would be nice.

Before I used the electric lift pump to fill up the filter (s), I tried to use the built-in manual pump on the top of the Racor -- no luck at all... a few spits of diesel and that's all. Good thing that our Univeral diesels have the electric pump! I cracked open the bleed valve at the front of the injector assembly and the electric pump clicked away like mad and in a few minutes I was able to put my ear next to the fuel tank and hear fuel splashing back in from the return line.
Fired right up, no problem. I shut 'er down and let rest for a half hour, to see if any pesky air leaks might show themselves... fired right up again and ran right up to 2200 under load. All appears to be well.

Best,
Loren
Olson 34 #8

Last edited:

Ray Rhode

Member III
I have the info sheet for the 200R series (215R, 230R and 245R) if that will help. Let me know if you can use it.

Ray Rhode
S/Y Journey
E35-III

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I wonder if the "230" is similar... with the metal top, then the spin-on filter, then the clear plastic bottom section with the drain. (?)
If so, please do send it, if it's no trouble.

Thanks,
Loren

:)