• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Need some help! (E-33RH)

CSMcKillip

Ok, we purchased our Ericson 33 last year in November, we did some cleaning on the boat, and the boat is being hauled out this next Tuesday to get the bottom redone. The interior is being refinished, and I am looking at having someone bid on the sole work, the cushions will be finished in 30 days and I need to pull the ports and rebed them to the hull.

I need a common list of items to check with the motor and associated items. It would be nice to have a check list to go thru, if someone has a check list or a goodbook to purchase would be good. Below is my list of items I need to go thru.

Motor - recommission and dewinterize
belts
new hose clamps
check thru hulls
check plumbing
check water pump
check fresh water system
check water heater- reinstall
check foot pumps
check builge pump- reinstall
check foot switch- not working
check sink and shower valves and shower sump
check A/C system - non working
check standing rigging
check bulkheads
check fire equipment
check stove and cooktop
check icebox and drains
remove running rigging and clean lines and sheets
remove and clean sails
check holding tanks
check fuel tank

clean everything
ect, ect..

Items that I am having problems with are the engine, M25, tips on starting and general items to look at, the motor has 500 hrs, need to change oil and filters. Heat exchanger, replace zink, stuffing box, cutless bearing, drive shaft, transmission, linkage, rudder, wheel, muffler.

I owned and sailed on a smaller Capri 25, I know how to race, pollish, trim, sand, paint, fiberglass ect on a smaller boat, we had a 4hp outboard so all of this inboard mechanical stuff is a little over my head right now, but I am a DIY kind of guy and I am not in one bit scared to learning new stuff. Most of the time it has been something that gies wrong, having to think quick, trouble shoot the problem, and fix it fast, I want to feel good about going out on this boat and it will not happen till I have touched everything.

Thanks in advance.

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Two books that I have found very useful in maintaining our Ericson30+ are Nigel Calder's Mechanical & Technical Manual--really a textbook on all boat systems, good detail, pictures and checklists, for the layperson, not just for service techs. Also Good Old Boat by Don Casey, which has just been updated, covers all systems with good pictures and instructions.

Although there are lots of books on everything, these two cover most systems in enough detail to give you a really good start.

Good luck!

Frank

albert bilbo

call albybilbo@hotmail.com ive rehabed entire 32 topnotch

[hey give me a shout i just finishe a complete gut of my 32 everything top knoth pics availablequote=CSMcKillip;56109]Ok, we purchased our Ericson 33 last year in November, we did some cleaning on the boat, and the boat is being hauled out this next Tuesday to get the bottom redone. The interior is being refinished, and I am looking at having someone bid on the sole work, the cushions will be finished in 30 days and I need to pull the ports and rebed them to the hull.

I need a common list of items to check with the motor and associated items. It would be nice to have a check list to go thru, if someone has a check list or a goodbook to purchase would be good. Below is my list of items I need to go thru.

Motor - recommission and dewinterize
belts
new hose clamps
check thru hulls
check plumbing
check water pump
check fresh water system
check water heater- reinstall
check foot pumps
check builge pump- reinstall
check foot switch- not working
check sink and shower valves and shower sump
check A/C system - non working
check standing rigging
check bulkheads
check fire equipment
check stove and cooktop
check icebox and drains
remove running rigging and clean lines and sheets
remove and clean sails
check holding tanks
check fuel tank

clean everything
ect, ect..

Items that I am having problems with are the engine, M25, tips on starting and general items to look at, the motor has 500 hrs, need to change oil and filters. Heat exchanger, replace zink, stuffing box, cutless bearing, drive shaft, transmission, linkage, rudder, wheel, muffler.

I owned and sailed on a smaller Capri 25, I know how to race, pollish, trim, sand, paint, fiberglass ect on a smaller boat, we had a 4hp outboard so all of this inboard mechanical stuff is a little over my head right now, but I am a DIY kind of guy and I am not in one bit scared to learning new stuff. Most of the time it has been something that gies wrong, having to think quick, trouble shoot the problem, and fix it fast, I want to feel good about going out on this boat and it will not happen till I have touched everything.

Thanks in advance.[/quote]