• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E 35 Mk ll Mast, Boom, Sails, Pedestal, etc

stillwater

Member II
Hi,

I salvaged a E35 Mk ll that had about 15 years of Northwest use before it got off a mooring and sunk in 1988. It had been sitting away from salt air since so the hardware is pretty decent.

The mast and boom are painted white. Spreaders are rotten, rigging wire and turnbuckles look good. Mast step is good. Paint is still quite good. Pedestal shows no corrosion (no Compass). Bow pulpit and stern pulpit both double rail. 5 stantions, 1 1/4" stainless toerail track, backstay adjuster, misc old rope clutches.

Haven't checked the sails yet. Has a main, spinnaker (no Pole), 3 jibs.

Anybody need old 35 parts??

Dal
E39 "Stillwater"
Bellingham, WA
360 708-3932

stillwater

Member II
Sails from 35 mk ll

Hi,

I haven't had a chance to go through them yet but won't be asking alot. Better to have them go to someone that needs them.

send me your phone or email and I'll let you know soon.

Regards,
Dal

stuartm80127

Member II
Pedestal?

Is the Pedestel a Yacht Specialties? If so, would you be willing to part with the Yacht Specialties wheel nut if in decent condition? Mine was missing such and it's a 3/4 inch 10 threads per inch nut. Thank you.

Last edited:

TS Farley

Member II
spinnaker

Hi Dal,

Would you happen to still have the spinnaker?

Vivian
TS Farley
E35 M II
Canoe Cove
Vancouver Island

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Hi,

I haven't had a chance to go through them yet but won't be asking alot. Better to have them go to someone that needs them.

send me your phone or email and I'll let you know soon.

Regards,
Dal

See? This is why everyone loves people from the Northwest! :egrin:

//sse

(sorry to hear about the loss of the 35-2)

Monty Beed

Member I
Parts?

I just picked up a 35 MK II. I might be interested in the mast step, pedastal, and backstay adjuster. Do you still have them and how much? PLease call me at 541-294-6491. Thanks.:egrin:

jschlott

traveler hardware

Hi, I just purchased a 30+. I think the boat has the same traveler system and I need parts. - Jim

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
Received the mast and boom Sunday morning. Just a note for anyone who might be thinking of buying any of thees parts... I am very satisfied! the price was more than fair and was exactly as advertised! I have always been skittish about buying things sight unseen, especially sight unseen, used and expensive with no return (shipping a 42' mast 3 states is a 1 time deal) But this deal had only one probem... I should have got the other items I wanted. If they are still available I would not hesitate to pick them up. Just a bummer that now I will need to pay separate shipping. Oh well. Thanks Dal for the great deal. People would not hesitate to bitch, so figure it is only right to praise too when it goes well. Edd

Lucky Dog

Member III
How about engine or portholes?

Out curiosity, if you don't mind; what does cost to ship a mast 3 states?

ml

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
Well lucky Dog... It turned out to be $100! My father works for a company that hauls porsches & BMWs to Canada fro Long Beach Ca. They come back empty with a 55' trailer, s it was just a mater of waiting for a truck and having him stop and load it on his way home. guess I was the lucky one! There was another trucking company willing to ship it for about a grand. I think that is the answer you wanted. I had the chance to get the stay sail at the time but not the money, and I have been kicking myself ever since so I hope to pick it up as well. Then I can tell you what it costs to ship a sail three states!:egrin: Edd...

Lucky Dog

Member III
Thanks...still it would have been a good price. I once had a 57 year old canoe moved half way across the country, by finding a canoe truck hauler who was dead heading.

Thanks

ml

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
no I cannot complain at all about the price it would have been a great deal even if i had to pay full shipping. The guys at Balanger wanted almost 5,000 for the boom! as mine was shortened almost 4' by the p/o I was looking to restore it. and the mast came painted and my old one was bare for 40 years so the savings in sanding was worth the effort to get it down here! (call me lazy but hey) Edd

Commotion

Member II
Back Stay Adjuster & pedestal

Is the Back Stay adjuster a 10" aluminum cast wheel? If so, is it in reasonable shape. I am interested in that and the steering pedestal. (I am really looking for and only really need a YS chain sprocket and a YS steering wheel lock. I could also use a dinette table pedistal lower casting and support tube. My e-mail is rh@59LLC.COM and phone is 714-944-4796

Last edited:

Commotion

Member II
I think I received a voice mail regarding parts...

I could not make out the number on the message. If you called, will you please give me a call again.

Thank you,
Rick Henson
714-944-4796