• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E32 Sliding Hatch For Sale

Gmilburn

Member III
Hi all,
I have a sliding hatch from an E-32 that I’m interesting in selling. I bought it from a friend that was parting out a E32 and I thought it might fit my E-29 or be relatively easy to cut down to fit. After receiving it, and taking a hard look at it—I will clearly not fit, and the cut down process is more than I want to take on right now (remember we are getting close to sailing season now). So before I offer it on E-Bay, I thought I would offer it to my friends on the Ericson site. So here’s the deal. I have about $225 invested in it and estimate shipping would be another $30 (It weighs 37 lbs). So the first $255 would buy it. I have attached 4 photos that show its condition. Clearly it has some discoloration and needs definite refinishing--but is fairly sound otherwise. That is clearly cheaper than building one from scratch, which I had a carpenter friend suggest he would charge about $1000 to handcraft a replacement. So if anyone is seriously interested, please let me know asap—otherwise you can bid on it through E-Bay.<o>:p></o>:p>

Attachments

• IMG_3741cc.JPG
    IMG_3741cc.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3742cc.JPG
    IMG_3742cc.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3746cc.JPG
    IMG_3746cc.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3752cc.JPG
    IMG_3752cc.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3819cc.JPG
    IMG_3819cc.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 58

dbshea

I may be interested

But the hatch looks like it may be water damaged. Are there any soft spots in the corners? And how bad is the staining underneath? I what I suspect is true, looks to me like it's worth $ 150 plus the cost of shipping. the boat is in Alameda, CA. Thanks.

Hi all,
I have a sliding hatch from an E-32 that I’m interesting in selling. I bought it from a friend that was parting out a E32 and I thought it might fit my E-29 or be relatively easy to cut down to fit. After receiving it, and taking a hard look at it—I will clearly not fit, and the cut down process is more than I want to take on right now (remember we are getting close to sailing season now). So before I offer it on E-Bay, I thought I would offer it to my friends on the Ericson site. So here’s the deal. I have about $225 invested in it and estimate shipping would be another $30 (It weighs 37 lbs). So the first $255 would buy it. I have attached 4 photos that show its condition. Clearly it has some discoloration and needs definite refinishing--but is fairly sound otherwise. That is clearly cheaper than building one from scratch, which I had a carpenter friend suggest he would charge about $1000 to handcraft a replacement. So if anyone is seriously interested, please let me know asap—otherwise you can bid on it through E-Bay.<O>:p></O>:p>

Gmilburn

Member III
Hi db,

The hatch is sound--but indeed has some water staining--and the inner layer of the plywood is lifting in places. There is one slight wood split on the rail slide side, that a couple of screws could fix. Remember this hatch is probably 30 years old.

If your still interested email with a private message--as there is no need for us to haggle over its value publicly. I believe it is still worth at or near what I indicated earlier.

dbshea

Hi Gmilburn

Thanks for being honest. I'm not worried about the exterior split but feel the inner veneer layer will be too be difficult to fix properly. So, I'll keep looking. Good luck.

db

Hi db,

The hatch is sound--but indeed has some water staining--and the inner layer of the plywood is lifting in places. There is one slight wood split on the rail slide side, that a couple of screws could fix. Remember this hatch is probably 30 years old.

If your still interested email with a private message--as there is no need for us to haggle over its value publicly. I believe it is still worth at or near what I indicated earlier.