• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Replacement Tiller

dave_g

Member II
Does anyone know if the E27 and E29 use the same Tillers?

I need to replace my Tiller and contacted H&L Marine. They have a stock tiller (#1157F) for the E27. With my boat being a '71 and passing through multiple owners, I cannot be sure my Tiller is stock or if it matches the E27.

Could someone recommend a different tiller?

thanks,
Dave

CamD

Member II
Try making your own. I made a tiller for my last boat that had a harsh S curve in it by steam bending. For the E-29 you wouldn't even have to steam it because it doesn't have much of a curve. Just cut thin strips of alternating dark and light wood and coat them with epoxy into a solid piece a little larger than the tiller then wrap it in wax paper and clamp the whole thing to the old tiller to get the curve. give it a couple of days to set up and unclamp it and profile with a bandsaw and router. Its a fun easy project. On the other hand you may not have the tools and will have to buy one. I'll measure my E-29 tiller when I get home for you.
Cam

dave_g

Member II
Thanks for measuring your tiller, it sounds like the one that came with my boat. The E27 replacement I found is abount the same length, but with a 5" curve. It is H&L Tiller (http://www.pyacht.com/hl-tillers.htm) shape F.

I like the idea of making one. I will educate myself on steam bending and give it a try.

Dave G