• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Successful Delivery Sail

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Good Morning Ericson Afficianados,

This message board has been a very good resource for me as I prepared to purchase my first sailboat. Congratulations and Thank You for establishing a great resource for the lucky owners of these superb boats.

My boat broker friend and his wife, and my girlfriend, assisted me on the delivery cruise from Anacortes to Shilshole Bay Marina on July 3rd. We took the outside route, along the edge of the Strait of Juan de Fuca, taking advantage of a late start and a big ebb current. Thin fog at the western side of Guemes Channel was no problem as we were radar and chartplotter equipped. I tip my hat to the previous owner of 'Hawkeye' for his outstanding job outfitting and maintaining this boat.

Before long we were in the clear, watching P-3 departures from the naval air station at Whidbey Island. The sailing began at about Point Partridge and continued until we arrived outside the marina. Most of the time we were wing and wing with a northwesterly breeze that built to 19 knots at one point. What a terrific way to begin the journey of ownership!

It took only eight and a half current-assisted hours from start to stop. Nothing but smiles from the four of us.

I am looking forward to meeting the local Ericson owners over the next few months and comparing notes. I really don't have much work to do on Hawkeye, except to change the name to Pilot Project and get out sailing. Look for us at anchorages throughout the sound this summer and fall.

See you on the water!

Craig and Ellen

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Congrats!!

We looked at an early '80s E-38 when we were shopping... before we wandered into a deal on an Olson 34. (BTW, the E-38 we shopped was over on Lake Washington and needed upgrades and repairs, and we felt it was overpriced.)

Your model of Ericson is really attractive! If any unknown rich relative wants to (painlessly) pass away and leave his E-38/200 to us, we WILL accept it!
:)

One piece of trivia, before you paint on a new name... (I presume you fly planes)
"Hawkeye" was (is?) the name of a very famous IOR race boat from the 70's, and may even have been a Bruce King design.

Happy Independance Day,

:cool:

Loren in Portland, OR
Olson 34 #8