• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 26 (1987)

Seakpowder

I am looking at an 1987 Ericson 26. Pros cons? Is a 1987 model a II, III or a IV? I wlecome any addtional insights...
I have scrolled though the post and downloads here. Lot's of good information.

Thanks
Seakpowder

SurabyaKid

Member III
I think a 1987 is a Mk IV...check out the HIN number to be sure...If it is a 300 hull number (ERY263XX.....) then it is.

A recent good discussion on the E26's was here:
http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?t=8360

I'd have a surveyor look at the boat prior to purchase as they can find all the normal items that need to be addressed. Assuming your boat is inboard engine equipped, then one off the beaten path item to definitely look for is to see if the Universal Engine Electrical modification for improvement in starting was made. You'll find a description of the problem & solution in the archives.

I very much enjoy my E26-IV and depending on what you are looking for, the boat may be a good match for your sailing as well. Good Luck!

Pat

Last edited:

markvone

Sustaining Member
1987 E26 Could be Series Mk III (200 series) or Mk IV (or 300)

They switched during the year. I have seen both.

I personally think the '87 Series 200 is the ultimate E26. It has more teak in the interior (aft companionway bulkhead, outbd of the settees) a cabinet with teak sliding door in the galley and a flip-up cutting board/counter extension. I prefer the white Kenyon mast and boom and the black Lexan hatch slider. It has the same Universal diesel as the Mk-IV. Mark