• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Pressure water system pump

SteveCrane

"Lucky"
I have an E-28+ with a dying pressure water system pump. Does anyone have any suggestions on sources for a replacement pump, or any particular advice on its replacement? I'm pretty handy but don't want to get in over my head, so to speak. Thanks

EGregerson

Member III
pump

I replaced my pump 3 years ago; went with a west marine unit; i theenk it puts out 2.4 gal / min; it's still running strong. they're not as complicated as you might think at 1st blush; line in; line out; wire in / wire out, pretty much. I like that it's self priming, and has an integrated switch. So it shuts off when you shut off the water; you don't have to go to the elect panel to turn it off.
So how much is a "decent" bottle of scotch?

CSMcKillip

A good single malt 12 yr bottle could go from 30 bucks to over 100.00:p I just googles a 25 yr bottle for over $7200.00

Last edited:

SteveCrane

"Lucky"
I installed a Jabsco Sensor Max VSD pump in my boat. It is much quieter than a conventional pump. You may just have to wire it and plug the old fittings into your new pump(if the fittings are compatible)

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|51|299222|121271|316442&id=121719

In fact I have a spare I no longer need. You can have it for the price of shipping and a decent bottle of scotch:egrin:

A good single malt 12 yr bottle could go from 30 bucks to over 100.00:p I just googles a 25 yr bottle for over $7200.00

Many thanks for the good tips and suggestions. Being a scotch lover myself, I know the value of a really good bottle! I'll hop on over to West Marine to see if I can get a quick fix and if not, scotch is in the air to Maine. Cheers all.