• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E25 V Berth dimensions?

adamd

Member II
Hey guys, just verbally agreed to buy an E25. I'm pretty excited!! Do you know the dimesions of the V Berth?

Are there any how - to's on extending the starboard settee into a double?

Thanks!

davisr

Member III
Adam,

I'd be glad to help, but one question . . . are you buying an E25 or the E25+? If it's the former I can give you a hand. I can tell you off the top of my head that at it's a least 6 feet.

Best,
Roscoe

adamd

Member II
Adam,

I'd be glad to help, but one question . . . are you buying an E25 or the E25+? If it's the former I can give you a hand. I can tell you off the top of my head that at it's a least 6 feet.

Best,
Roscoe

and Im also a Davis ;)

davisr

Member III
Hey Adam

Glad to know there are some Davises in the Great White North. Took a look at the online ad your posted. Looks likes she's in nice condition. Same hull colors as mine. Yours has a better finish. Those 15 horses will probably make her get up and go. I wish I had more than 7.5 - maybe one day, after I finish the more pressing work. How the head on this boat?

I can take some measurements of the V-Berth tomorrow. Was out there today working on an electrical issue.

Take care,
Roscoe

davisr

Member III
Adam,

As a postscript: if you look at the threads tagged "E25" you'll find a posting with a picture about a starboard settee extension. I've been considering putting one on mine. The only thing about it is that I would have to find somewhere to put the cushion for the extension during the day. If you can figure out a solution that doesn't involve throwing it into the V-Berth, I'd appreciate your help.

Best,
Roscoe

davisr

Member III
Adam,

Got those V-Berth measurements you were asking about. I'm assuming you meant just the sleeping area and not the three storage compartments beneath. In terms of the sleeping area, keep in mind that all of these measurements were made with the 4 inch cushions in place.

Length: 6 ft. 1 in.
Width (head): 5 ft. 8 in.
Width (feet): 8 in.

Height (in area where lower half of body rests): 27 1/2 in.
Height (in chest and head area): 37 in.

In my opinion, at 5'11'', I fit comfortably on one half of the V-Berth. As far as the height is concerned, there is enough room on the starboard side to sit up in bed with your back against the bulkhead and read a book.

In terms of the other berths . . . in case you didn't notice (I didn't until after purchase), the portside settee is a little wider than the starboard one. The starboard settee is narrowest berth in the whole boat. Nevertheless, I've slept on it just fine. Plenty of length. That's what makes it comfortable.

Hope this helps,
Roscoe

adamd

Member II
Thank you Roscoe. I haven't taken delivery of the boat yet, in fact I fly out on this Thursday to finalize the transaction.

I've heard of the extension to the settee, I think this is something I'd like to undertake, I haven't seen any drawings of it. I'll check the pics you mentioned.

Thanks, I'll post back next weekend with pics of the boat :D

davisr

Member III
Good luck with everything Adam. From the link you provided, it looks like the marina/seller is near Toronto. Are you thinking that you'll have the E25 transported, or are your thinking you might trailer it? Just curious, because I transported mine by trailer for about 6 hours.

Best regards,
Roscoe

adamd

Member II
Good luck with everything Adam. From the link you provided, it looks like the marina/seller is near Toronto. Are you thinking that you'll have the E25 transported, or are your thinking you might trailer it? Just curious, because I transported mine by trailer for about 6 hours.

Best regards,
Roscoe

Yes, It's north of Toronto. I'll be using a transport service, I found one on Uship - Land Tug. It's via hydraulic trailer so hopefully there will be no other costs. I doubt I'll have it transported until may. the season doesn't start here until then anyways.

It also seems to come with an autohelm, does that link into a gps?

Thanks!.

davisr

Member III
Adam,

I went back and read the online link you provided. I would think that the autohelm is similar to the one that was provided with my E25, since there is no mention of an "autopilot," which is the term usually associated with the instrument that is linked to a GPS. My autohelm plugs into a DC outlet at the helm. The autohelm is designed to keep the tiller adjusted to a setting you chose on its manual dial.

I am in the process of shopping for a modest GPS. Eventually, it would be nice to link it to an "autopilot."

Good luck with your trip.

Best,
Roscoe

SurabyaKid

Member III
My E26 came with an older Autohelm 1000 tiller pilot. From what I understand Autohelm was one of the original autopilot firms and was eventually acquired by Raymarine. My original Autohelm would not interface with a GPS, but would interface with a windvane accessory.

This summer I upgraded to newer Raymarine St1000+ which will interface to a GPS via thier own protocol "Seatalk" or via NMEA 183. I have an older Magellan GPS that I have used to interface to both the tiller pilot and the DSC function of my VHF.

My guess is that if your tiller pilot is one of the older models, then it will not interface to a GPS. You can probably check by going to the manufacturers website and downloading the manual for the device.

Pat

Last edited: