• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

End caps for Schaeffer traveler

robrill

Member I
The rubber end caps on my original equipment Schaeffer traveler for my '86 E-30+ are rapidly cracking and crumbling from age, salt water and U/V exposure, etc.

Does anyone know if replacement caps are available?

Thanks,

Rob

GMaurer

Member II
I had the same problem with the 1988 E28 I purchased last year.
I was able to order new ones from Schaeffer through a Marine Supply (Spicer's in Noank, CT). It took a few weeks to receive, and they were shaped slightly diffrent (on the exterior), but they matched the existing traveller.

robrill

Member I
Thanks. All I need to do is measure the track and I should be all set. Of course, I could replace the whole thing with a Harken version, but I don't have too many complaints other than the unsightly end caps and I've got a half dozen other projects to get done....

robrill

Member I
I contacted Rig-Rite. The only question I have now is which of the two sizes to get. The person I spoke to couldn't offer any guidance. One size is an inch or so bigger than the other, and almost twice as expensive, but they both fit the end of the 1 1/4" track. Any ideas? (I haven't been down to the boat yet to measure the existing ones yet.)

ref_123

Member III
To the best of my memory, one of them is REALLY high - like 3.5 inches; the other is rather low... I know I need a low one.

By the way, do you have 2:1 or 3:1 system?