• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Two Battery wiring

Sayles

Hello,

Thanks for being out there for us newbies. I have a wife, she has a boat. Therefore, I am in need of help. This is the second season we have owned a 1973 E27. The previous owner used one battery. We have been told that it would be a better idea to use two batteries, just in case. We have a switch that reads... 1, 2, both , off - I assume it is wired for two batteries. Once again, I am new so when I looked behind it (with a flashlight under the sink) I saw two red wires coming out of the switch. One runs to the battery box and the other goes to the solenoid(?). I guess I should have done more investigative work but does any one have a wiring diagram for this boat with two batteries? I don't have any problems with wiring a 12 volt system I'd just like to have some reassurance everything is hooked up correctly. There has been some conversion done to the engine(A4); Electronic fuel pump. Thanks again for any help and I know now that I have found this cool site I will be scouring it often.

Steve

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
There manuals you are able to down load in the Specs & Documents section of this web site. Just look under E-27. I also have a 1973 E-27 but it came with the two batteries hooked up to the A/B switch.

In the West Marine Catalog ( Free at http://www.westmarine.com ) there is some basic information about 12 V, A/B switches and how to connect them.

Good Luck and welcome.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Here's the page from the West Marine Catalog. Hope it attaches OK, and you can read it.

Jeff

Attachments

• image523-01.png
    image523-01.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 311

Sayles

Thanks for the link Jeff. I'll read it and hopefully all my problems will be small. I'm sure I'll be logging on soon with all the projects we have slated. Thanks again and if anyone has any more info I'll be glad to read it.

Steve