• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Barient 24 winches (2) for sale

gypsyrecs

Member I
I just upgraded to self-tailing Lewmars on my 32-3 and put the old Barients on eBay. 2-speeds, work perfectly. Selling as a pair only unless I don't get any bites. I can't decide if its better to sell as a pair on eBay or not. - Someone may not want to bid twice for two different winches - but most people who need a winch probably only need one.... So, we'll see. Anyway - should be up by Monday morning.

Brian K

Member III
Dan, I've long thought about upgrading my cabin top winches with Lewmar ST winches. What model Lewmars did you go with? Where are these located on your boat? Did the mounting holes line up or did you have to fill and drill new? Thanks Dan.

gypsyrecs

Member I
I actually had someone install them for me - which was a mistake - he ended up outsourcing the job to someone else who did not know what they were doing.

I replaced the primaries with ST40s - the holes did not line up and the bolts are a lot smaller - which is a little unnerving. I also added 1 ST30 to the port side cabin top and ran the main sheet to that winch (had to ad a deck organizer to the port side near the mast). I kept the old winch on the starboard side - maybe for the main halyard if I get a longer one.

You need to fill the old holes with epoxy and then grind them smooth. Then drill the new holes. Not bad, really. It's just hard to find the time...

Here is a link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e..._trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=1&category=31281