• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Securing holding tank E35/3

gabosifat

Member III
Hi Everyone,

Another question regarding holding tank replacement. The previous owner had replaced the original tank with a bladder tank which was very scary indeed. In doing so, they removed all of the structure that held the original tank in place. I'm assuming it was wood but have no idea what it looked like and how to replace it. If anyone can steer me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Many thanks,
Steve Gabbott
E35/3 Silent Dancer
Vancouver

Mort Fligelman

Member III
Holding the "Holding Tank"

Steve: From everything I have gathered, the original tank had an appendage that was the cause of leakage over time.

On my boat the tank was replaced with the proper replacement, but it was a real butcher job. I knew it was loose and rolling around......I built a cradle for it out of 2x4's and some odd scrap lumber.....braced the top and sides.....it was a real "Wing It" job, but if I may boast.....it has held firmly for the last four years through some pretty heavy waves and pounding.....

There are other threads on holding tanks, but I really never paid much attention to them other than Seans project.

I hope this give you some usable thoughts......sorry but I did not photo my progress......and from any photos that I have you would see nothing.....

For what it's worth.......I had a bladder tank in my 1979 Seidelmann 299 for 13 years......It was used very sparingly, and when it was empty it did not have any weight to make it roll around.....for my purpose it was fine but after that much time the oders from the deoderizers started to permeate the material and I removed and replaced it with a solid tank......

Random ramblings for what they are worth.....

Good Luck

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Mine has a frame at the bottom of the space that keeps the tank from shifting laterally. It is then held down with a 1x4 that is wedged between the top of the tank and the bottom of the compartment frame. I do not have a photo of the 1x6 but drew it onto a photo of the tank.

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 76