• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wanted: Simrad WP32

joerun26

Member II
I'm looking for a simrad wheel pilot 32 or 30in good working condition. These are no longer in production, and I'm hoping to find someone who has upgraded. I'm interested in this type because its a fairly simple installation - doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but would allow me to step away from the helm to adjust sails, etc.. I'm really not looking for anything more at this time. Owners seem to be satisfied (understanding the product limitations). Please email direct if you know someone looking to sell at: demarcojoe@comcast.net

Thanks,
joe
1987 35-3
Tenacious

windjunkee

Member III
I have the Simrad and LOVE it. It broke once at the end of our trip down to Puerto Vallarta, but I contacted Simrad, put it in a box and shipped it back and they sent a whole new upgraded unit within a week. It is simple to install, it doesn't take very much power, it drives a straight course and it integrates with my B&G instruments and GPS to steer to compass, steer to waypoints or steer to wind angle. I do a bunch of winter, off shore single hand races and the Simrad has be a trusted companion. Never had a problem except for when it broke, which was a design flaw having to do with the placement of some screws, which was addressed and remedied.

Its a good choice and worth far more than just minding the helm while you do a sail change. But sorry, mine isn't for sale. Good luck in your search!

Jim McCone
Voice of Reason E-32 Hull #134
Redondo Beach, CA

joerun26

Member II
Simrad ..

Thanks for the feedback Jim... Glad to hear your experience is consistent with others I've talked to.

Still looking ....

joe