• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Y S transmission shift/throttle knobs wanted

joe-fran

Member II
I bought a 1988 E-28 last summer. The knobs were missing for the shift and throttle. (The PO has passed away and his wife held on to the boat for 4 years before deciding to sell it and she had no idea where they went). Anyway the pedestal is a Yacht Specialties and the thread pattern measures 1/4 20. I have searched several places (West/ Defender/ my local marine shops etc) and the only available knobs are 3/8 24. Any suggestions?
Thanks Joe

bayhoss

Member III
Shift / Throttle knobs

Do you know what the replacement knobs are made of ? One solutition is to make a 1/4 x 20 threaded insert and thread it into the 3/8 hole.
Best,
Frank

Cory B

Sustaining Member
Wood

For our old boat I just bought some round wood knobs at Home depot, drilled/tapped them, and spraypainted them. I'm sure Tim's idea of stainless balls above would be better, but I hate drilling stainless if I can avoid it.

joe-fran

Member II
Thanks for all the suggestions!!

I love this EYo_Org site!!.

You are never stumped by any problem - big or little.

I ordered exactly what I need today from McMasters-Carr.
(and bookedmarked their site for future needs)

Another new resource.

Thanks

Joe

treilley

Sustaining Partner
McMaster-Carr has all sorts of knobs drilled and tapped. Here are 1/4-20 round knobs.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#knobs/=59h674

Great info Tom. I did not realize they already had knobs there are tapped. I might have to get me some brass ones

Joe, McMaster-Carr is by far the best internet resource for all kinds of stuff. I cannot even begin to tell you how much stuff I have bought from them over the years.

Last edited: