• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Need to part with 1971 Ericson 32

Gene Allison

I got this boat at auction several years ago for a song. The Atomic 4 was not working but all else seemed sound. I designed and installed a motor bracket on the transom and mounted a 25 HP outboard to be able to sail the boat. My dream was to do a complete restoration as I fell in love with the boat. Current times require I get rid of it the best way possible. It is currently in a slip in Kemah/Clear Lake Texas. The boat needs alot of work including an interior change out. Does anyone think this boat has value or should it be considered salvage? I appreciate all comments.

Dwayne

She is not so bad

She looks better than the boat I am currently restoring. I could find a home for her. But I don't think you can get any money for her in the winter. Maybe be a couple k in the spring to a local person. I would try to mover her in one piece, as soon as you start to part her out she has no value. If you still have her in the spring I would be interested, but I have my hands full with two boat till then.

Permenter59

Member II
Hi Gene

She is a good looking boat. We might be interested. We sold our E29 this year and were hoping to move up to an E39. We haven't found a local E39 yet, and are not sure about making a decision on something long distance. So we may go to a smaller boat - less cost, less risk. Also, I have a brother in law in Galveston and we get down there during the year. We have been to the Kemah area. If I am in town and the boat is available, we will look you up. Good luck.

Gene Allison

Unfortunately, I need to part with the boat ASAP to eliminate slip payments. I will post it this week on Houston Craigslist for 2K or best offer and see what happens. If someone wants to contact me directly, I can be reached at 713-899-3491.

Czech Mate

Member II
Gene:

It would be a shame to have to part it out, but if you find yourself in that situation, I have a 1975 E-32 that could use numerous components and would appreciate hearing what you decide to do.

Bill

Gene Allison

I posted the boat on Houston's Craigslist for $2,500.00, including the outboard. I started getting calls immeadiately and ended up selling the boat is 3 days. I was very surprised how much attention it got and how many people wanted the boat. I still hate that I had to get rid of it.