• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Great little LED flashligts at CostCo

Sven

Seglare
These flashlights were 3 for under $12 at CostCo. O-rings at both ends, two brightness levels (4 or 14 LEDs on), run off 3 AA batteries. They feel really solid and are just under 6" long.

-Sven

Sven

Seglare
What happened to the picture ? Here it is again.

Attachments

• LED light.jpg
    LED light.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 134

Sven

Seglare
$14 at my local Costco, but still a great buy!

That's interesting. I'd assumed that the prices were centrally set and would be the same at all CostCos. Maybe they factor in different shipping costs for each location ?

-Sven

Sven

Seglare
They are not waterproof

We had one of them inadvertently immersed in water for several days and it had water inside. Despite the o-rings it is not waterproof (or there was dirt on the o-rings). I suspect the switch is the weak link but I am not going to spend any time investigating. For the price they are still really hard to beat and beautifully solid feeling.

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I have these on the boat now. The wand like one has 30 LED's and is made by Craftsman and is rechargeable.

The box shaped one has 25 LED's, I actually got it at the little hardware store in Avalon at Catalina. I really love this one, it was less than 7 bucks, at Avalon! That's a pretty good hardware store btw.

I also have one like you show above Sven that I actually left in the Ice Box over night recently. It got wet and froze, but only one LED went out.

Attachments

• 03473909000.jpeg
    03473909000.jpeg
    3.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 25-LED-Super-Bright-Square-Worklight.jpg
    25-LED-Super-Bright-Square-Worklight.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 163