• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E33RH-Compass

CSMcKillip

We have no compass on our boat, I am guessing that the PO has removed it, or someone found a better use for it......

What is the size of the compass? Ritche?

I may just be making a teak plug for it, maybee a table for the cockpit.

Thanks,

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Maybe it was a Ritchie

Not sure about the early 80's, but by mid to late 80's Ericson may have been putting these nice Ritchie Model SP-5C on a lot their boats. I have one on the factory wheel option on our boat.

OTOH, maybe the compass brand was more of a customer choice / option at the time when your boat was built and some other brand or size was there. :confused:
You might want to check the measurements of this one and see...
http://www.ritchienavigation.com/ca...105&pgid=F4A00D78-47CC-11D8-885F-C92F268E72FD

LB

Attachments

• sp-5c-400.jpg
    sp-5c-400.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 18

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
Yep. That Richie compass sure looks like the one on my E33RH, but I don't have the nice stainless binnacle mount like that in the picture. Mine is plastic or fiberglass and it needs a paint job after all these years. Loren's link has another link in it with the base template. You could print that out and take it to your boat to ensure it is the right size

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
If you can find a worn out Ritchie that is the right size, you can probably get it overhauled for under $300. I paid about $275 for a new dome, new card and movement (current production) and the general clean-up on my 5" Ritchie (it looks just like Loren's pic), and it has the metal (brass? bronze?) base rather than the plastic used today. A new one that size is around $800.

Cleanup of the outer brushed stainless steel housing is not included in that price.

I hope you can find a suitable replacement.