• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 30-1 Free boat

Ericsean

Member III
Ericson 30-1 For sale 1970 Hull # 144

Boat has been in my back yard for two years.

I have owned since 1989.
Good news, Atomic 4 is out, not running
PY shaft seal, all thru hulls changed to ball valves. Large sail inventory, 153 Mylar North, 140, Mylar Shore, 130 dacron, 170 dacron, Triradial spin, Asym spin, Originall Cross cut spin, Spin pole & all requqired gear, topping lift, sheets, etc. adjustable genoa lead cars, all control lines led aft to stoppers,
Barinet # 22 Primarys, Barient # 12 secondarys, Hydraulic Backstay, racing bottom with fresh coat of Petit Vivid (white, easy to clean in water). Bottom barrier coated & I would challenge anyone to have a better bottom on a 1970 boat. Numerous race awards, great sailing boat.

Bad news, I liked to sail the boat & not clean it. Decks have some soft spots in foredeck and along doghouse. (I started a repair on the fordeck.) I have the foam for cushions, but not covered, Hatches require rebuilding in main saloon & compainon way. Lots of teak that is in fair condition, since I left it alone. Teak rub rail on port side cracked. Bow sprit has minor bend, (race contact) Hull is flag Blue & looks great from 50 feet, but up close need repainting.

Boat lying in Babylon NY, on the hard, my backyard.

Dwayne

I am interested

Hi Kevin,

I have a 1969 30 footer I am restoring. I have room indoors to put another ericson or 2 so the boat would be safe, warm and indoors. I have to buy a trailer for my 30 and since I did not order it yet i could make sure it fit both boats. and the haul is not so far from you to Vermont. Give me a call 802-748-5900

Regards
Dwayne

Last edited: