• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wood damage stain removal ?

Sven

Seglare
I think the damage is from standing water ?

Right now we are just sealing it in but I'd like to know how we might remove the stains before redoing the cabin sole finish next time ?

Bleach ? Something else ?

-Sven

Attachments

• Satins.jpg
    Satins.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 50

treilley

Sustaining Partner
That is probably from bilgewater when you are heeled far to one side. This happens on my E35 on the port side at the intersection of the sole and furniture. If so, it is likely through the wood and replacing the wood is the only way to resolve.

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
I've noticed the same thing at the bottom of my starboard setee. Not anxious to rip out that panel, though. The wood seems to be solid, but some of the teak veneer has peeled away in a couple of small spots.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I replaced the veneer on mine not knowing the true cause of the problem and now it is returning. Luckily when I replaced the sole I used a separate piece there that I can easily remove. My plan is to once again replace the veneer but also seal the bottom edge of the furniture plywood with epoxy to prevent the water from absorbing.