• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

M25 Diesel lost top-end power after service

clohman

Member II
After sitting for about 2 years with diesel fuel biocide and additives, I hired a diesel mechanic for preventive maintenance which included: Adjust the valves, check the injectors and generally inspect the motor. Afterwards, the motor in neutral spins to 2,900 rpm but only 2,200 under load, achieving only about 80% hull speed. It use to run to 3,000.
<o:p> </o:p>
I removed, cleaned and reinstalled the fuel tank with fresh fuel and new rubber fuel lines. I hauled the boat and cleaned off the bottom and propeller. (The propeller is the same as when it use to run well.) None of these improved the top end performance.<o:p></o:p>
I plan to re-check the mechanic's work on the valve clearance since this would have a similar effect if the clearance is too much. According to the owner’s manual, the decompression device should have also been adjusted – again, this tracks with the lack of power under load.<o:p></o:p>
Am I overlooking anything else?<o:p></o:p>
Thanks, Chip<o:p></o:p>

Last edited: