• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Teak plywood replacement E32-200

Ed Congdon

Has anyone replaced the teak plywood around the fixed port lights in the main salon? Im not sure if it's glued in or secured by the moulding and ports.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
On my 35-3 it is glued in. I removed any rotten wood and added new substrate and then new veneer. Check out my photo site below for a description of the project.

Last edited:

Lawrence B. Lee

Member III
I have done this repair. I used teak from Buck Woodcraft, Inc. They offered small sizes which I needed. The old teak is glued in and I chiseled and ground it out and then built it up with epoxy and filler. But first I cut the needed plug out of the new teak and placed it over the old teak and carefully penciled a line around what needed to be cut out. I then used a Dremel tool to cut along the pencil lines. Go Slow! If you do it right the new plug has to fit.

I then worked on getting the stains right so the new teak would match the old. I epoxied it in and replaced the window with 101. I like that you can clean it up with alcohol.

Try http//www.buckwoodcraft.com/teak_veneer or some variation of that.

I have pictures somewhere. If I can find them I will post them.

Larry Lee
Annabel Lee
E-32-200
Savannah, GA