• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Funny...I thought..

Kringe

Bobby G..junior Pirate
wow, i just bought an Ericson!
According to my reading and research I now belong to a core group of sailboat owners and lovers who love and respect their Ericsons!..Yet this forum is dead aside from one or two guys who are more than generous in their helpful advice and ideas. Was I wrong to think that being an Ericson owner had its own perks which allowed a certain snobbishness? Cmon Ericson owners.....unite and pass wisdom....us new owners might be in need!

Last edited:

Kringe

Bobby G..junior Pirate
And Rob or Sven, or even Gordon..don't you dare reply

:egrin:as you are not included in my current whining

chasandjudy

chas and judy
information exchange

:egrin:as you are not included in my current whining

Hi Guys Just a thought I get more than I give out of this site. and its still the best. Also you will gain by attending the Rendevous places of each domain reminder (see you at Bedwell Harbour Father"s day weekend)

Chas and Judy Eden E30+ and Lynn and John Hilda Harris E 28+:egrin:

Lucky Dog

Member III
In irons are you

I will only agree to a lull in posts lately, I suspect many of us are sadly dealing with putting our boats up for the winter.

I am always amazed on how quickly members respond to questions. One might think; we are the reason for manufacturing slow down...we seem to be here a lot!

Some of the threads are unbelievably long.

The one about canned bacon even had my wife checking to see new posts.

I am here almost every day. It is a great community and one of the few good things about the web that can't be done some other way.

FWIW

ml

fredn56

Member II
smaller problems

Most of the problems or questions or issues or whatever I have are on the smaller size. Benefit of a 23 foot boat, I suppose.
So Kringe, you are in Jax? Me too, Julington Creek Pier #3.

My biggest issue is that I would rather go sailing than work on any of the projects, like sanding, cleaning, finding & fixing leaks, and so on.

Fred Nelson

Ericson 23 Mark II #344
Ad Astra
:egrin:

Kringe

Bobby G..junior Pirate
Yes Fred

I am in Jacksonville in the Mandarin area and am actually hoping to find a spot somewhere either in Julington creek or a little south in Switzerland. friend of mine is in a marina there that seems rather nice and rather economical..good combo.

I'm with you on the projects! I've got so much to do to get my boat worthy, including getting a keel since I lost mine. I still like to even get off the dock for some motoring and am figuring this winter will be spent making many projects go from not started to finished..
What's rent like where you are?

Rhynie

Member III
Bobby,
I bought my Ericson just about a year ago and have very much enjoyed this venue as a source of information. Most of the sailing lists/forums slow down around this time of year, as somebody already noted that boats in many areas are being put away for winter. We (notice your in Fl) are lucky enough to be able to enjoy sailing all year.

fredn56

Member II
Julington Creek Marinas

The rent runs either $7 or $8 a foot, depending on which one of the three siblings' docks you choose. Not really a luxurious marina, but full of friendly people who are glad to lend a hand when it is needed.
Easy to get in and out and plenty of great sailing on the St Johns. Not much tide, pretty protected from weather.

Fred
Ericson 23 Mark II #344
Ad Astra
:egrin:

Mindscape

Member III
No replys?

My experience with this site has always been lots of good info, delivered pretty quick. No shortage of opinions here! As has been mentioned i know I've not been here in a little while due to work and putting the boat away for the season.

Anyway - you can rely on this site for lots of good info. Congrats on your boat, you'll love it!