• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New Sailor New Boat, fresh woes

Kringe

Bobby G..junior Pirate
So two of my buddies talked me into taking the new Ericson 25 out today. I knew the motor needed a good once over and had not planned on hoisting a sail since the halyards have a nice little issue with the sheathing coming off and bunching so that the sail cannot actually be raised all the way. But hey, we went anyway. Figured we would motor a few miles southeast toward the jacksonville Landing and have little lunch at Hooters then motor back and fish a few spots along the way. First time I took her out she burned very little gas so I figured we had plenty at about a quarter of a tank.
Things went great. We got about 100 yards from the Landing and I decided to check the gas tank. No Lie! One minute after checking tank and seeing very little gas..engine dies. NO GAS...okie dokie I say
So I cut the end off the main halyard and pull all the sheathing off the line so the bunching is no longer an issue although the lines now aren't worth a damn. NO WIND. NONE.

So I go and turn the gas tank so that what little gas is left is angled toward the gas line. I go to the motor and pull and whammo, the pull line and handle snaps right off...awesome!
Now I drop anchor and tell my two friends to shut the hell up while I think. Now we have drifted close to a bridge about a block from the house I use to own but unwillingly gave to my ex wife and child..so I call her and have her bring a gas can to the shoreline..the shoreline I couldn't reaach. Luckily..the bridge is being worked on and the company doing the work has a man stationed in a speedboat below in case anyone falls. Jay, that guy, Jay..went to the shore and got our gas Brings it back and load the tank. Then I have to remove the cover to the engine and wrap rope around the big round thing on top and pull...HELLO...started right up.
YAYE!
So we head back and are surrounded, and I mean Surrounded by this huge pack of dolphins jumping fully out of the water abd goingnuts..
Thank you little fellas..made my day!
Then I decide..dammit i wanna at least say we fished so I head in a little toward the shore and anchor up and we fish. 30 mins later we leave fishless but dammit we fished.
Head back to dock for a flawless entry and tie up and then drink a beer with the drunken marina folk about 9-ish. Girlfriends and wives calling on the phone and us saying sheesh..we just got back from a comedy of errors...give us a min to digest our libations! Yes we wanted to be back and home by 7..but it just did not happen baby!

Long story short: I frickin love the fact that I now have these kinds of problems!~
Better than my absolute best day at work..period!
Needless to say..the halyards have already been purchased and the motor goes to the local "super evinrude guy" on Monday..all will be fine in way of boating..;):egrin: