• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Puget Sound Progress

msFootrope

Beautiful October Day

I love these beautiful days that we have here in Seattle. Too bad the last couple have been so rainy. But lots of wind if you want to work hard!

Sven

Seglare
Hi Todd,

Somewhere (FaceBook or Picasa or ?) I read that you had the engine rebuilt. Did you mean the carburetor or actually the engine !? The engine isn't that old and other than the carb possibly getting fouled by old gas, as we discussed, I can't imagine why it would need rebuilding ?

I hope you just mean the carb.

BTW, how many miles are you going on this cruise ?

-Sven

Brisco

Member I
Hi Sven,

No I have not rebuilt the engine (doesnt need it yet). What I did do was just general maintenance, engine and gear oil, grease all the zerk's, replace fuel filter, check everything for signs of wear, tighten anything loose, etc... prior to placing the boat in the water in Washington. Going to be due for the maintenance round again pretty soon.

This cruise would be about 100 - 120 miles if we went straight through. Next leg will be from Eagle Harbor, through the narrows and down into Olympia. Where we will keep her for the winter.

We have re-evaluated our idea to get a permanent spot in Olympia. We will get a slip there, but we are thinking now of getting maybe 6 month slips all over Puget sound. Move the home base around and really explore it in detail. We have had great luck getting slips... and reasonable prices (compared to SoCal) so far.