• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E-28 pressure water question

joe-fran

Member II
After working fine all season, the presure water is pumping more air than water, both hot and cold. The starboard tank is almost full but I did not check the forward tank. I assume it woud not matter how full or empty that tank is.

But of course I could be wrong..........:confused:

WHere would you start the search for the air leak??

PS the galley foot pump still draws fine.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
You'll have to start at the tank and go forward - checking every connection, etc. You'll also want to check your runs of hose, making sure there is not some area that might be trapping an air bubble. I would also check your pump to make sure its ok as well (mine had a tiny hairline crack in the head which was allowing the system to lose pressure).

If it just started doing this, ask yourself what the difference is - what are the last things that happened to the system, etc. Then just methodically check the system - it's a good thing to do anyhow....

Good luck!

//sse

newgringo

Member III
A mistake I have seen in boats with multiple water tanks is owners selecting more than one tank at a time. When one empties before the others air can be sucked into the pump inlet from the empty tank. We have 3 tanks and it is the most complicated system on the boat. The single venting is something to behold! Try the simple stuff first.