• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Universal 5432 Fresh Water Pump Replacement

tdtrimmer

Member II
The following is FYI for 5432 owners.

The fresh water pump (that's the one that circulates the engine coolant not the "raw water pump") began to leak on my 1981 E38. I was concerned it might be the bearings being near failure so wanted to replace it. The cost of a Universal replacement from a dealer is about $465. Through some research, I discovered that the 5432 is the same engine block used in the Kubota L285 tractor. I ordered a replacement pump from tractorsmart.com for $150. It arrived within a week and fit perfectly. I talked with the TractorSmart owner and he was very helpful. He might be a great source for other engine parts.....Not that I'm cheap you understand. ;-)

Tom
S/V Mistress
1981 E38

u079721

Contributing Partner
Great intel Tom. I seem to recall from a couple of years ago that someone here posted a similar experience ordering a head gasket set through Kubota. It takes some leg work to get the part number, but the savings are worth it.

Maybe that could be something to add to the web site? A section where folks record info about part numbers, oil filter equivalents?

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Yup, all my engine parts I buy through the local Kubota dealer or mail order. A fresh water pump w/gasket for my M25XP is $115 as compared to ~$400 from the local chandlery.

The catalina owners that have this engine have already done the legwork so I usually just look on either the C30 or C34 websites.