• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

We have a winner.......

Nick Reynolds

Member II
I was looking at the web site for the Swiftsure Classic, in Victoria, BC (www.swiftsure.org).

Our very own Nigel Barron, sailing his E27 Green Card, won division P, on corrected time, in the Juan de Fuca race.

Way to go, Nigel!

Nigel Barron

Notorious Iconoclast
Swifsure

Thanks very much for the congratulations. It was my second Swiftsure on my E27, and this year we had all the conditions. It was hard to imagine going from being at anchor at the start, through the light 3, heavy 3, and then to the 4 in a matter of an hour. For those of you familiar with the Straits and the Victoria area, Race Passage was as bad as anyone had seen it. 30-40kt gusts, and nasty steep 6-7 waves. All of that, and then when we get to Clallam Bay, we have barely enough wind to round the mark. The run back was fantastic though. With the A-sail we saw 11kts over the ground through Race Passage at 3am! Great race, great fun, and nothing broke (phew).

Nigel

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
That's great to know that a boat like mine can handle all those conditions.

Congratulations! That's great to know that a boat like mine can handle all those conditions. I am from Seattle originally and have crossed the Straight many times in a Bayfield 25 and a Islander 33. I am now in San Pedro CA with a 1973 E-27, learning all about Blue Water Sailing around Catalina and the Channel Islands. What year is your E-27?

Jeff Asbury