• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Interested in Viewing an E-32-200 and an E-34

Art

Member I
My wife and I have been sailing an E-29 on Lake Champlain the past 6 years and are considering a larger boat. Both the E-32-200 and E-34 are on our short list and we would like to take a look at each model. We are not at the stage to make a purchase, but want to begin the process of looking at likely boats. We have looked at the brochures, read the reviews and know the specs. Now we would like to go onboard and experience being on an E-32-200 and an E-34. So, if anyone has either boat and is willing to let us look at it we would appreciate it. We prefer to travel within New England at this point: the coast of Maine down to New York. We will be at the Newport Boat Show on September 17. If interested, please contact me directly at weis@gmavt.net
Any thoughts about the pros and cons of each model are also welcome. Thanks, Art Weis

Brian K

Member III
Hey Art, I have a 1988 E 32-200 and I'm located at Fair Haven Yacht Club in Little Sodus Bay on Lake Ontario. I'd be more than happy to show you the boat and take you out for a sail. I also considered a E-34, in fact I had a formal offer and deposit on one, but the sale did not go through (long story). You can contact me directly at brian.king@us.ngrid.com

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Art - I have an E-34 in Willsboro Bay. If you ever get over that way I'd be happy to give a tour.

In fact, if you bring a whole bunch of cash... :)

Permenter59

Member II
Hi Art.

My wife and I are in the same boat you are, except with no boat....We sold our 29 and are looking in the range of 38-39.

At first we looked in the 35 foot range and viewed a 35 footer we really liked. It may not fit what you are looking for, but if interested google Nest Egg Marina and check out the 35' Ericson. It is just north of Green Bay. The owners have taken great care of it. The only reason we passed on it is because we wanted a little more width in our next boat. After we looked at it, we decided to focus on 38-39.

Good luck

Robert

Blue Chip

Member III
Got a light???

I have broken a cabin light on our 1990 32-200, and I was hoping someone had replaced theirs with new ones and saved the old ones.
The WEST MARINE catalog has what I want on page 295, left hand column. It is model 129421...EXCEPT the one they show is WHITE and I need the brass look.
Any one???? Contact me at mmwxguy@netzero.com if you wish. Thanks

newpbs

Member III
Lake St. Clair

Art,

If you have any plans to be in the Detroit area you are welcome to visit me and my 32-200.

Paul

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
See? This is what I like about Ericson owners - everyone plays nice together... :egrin:

//sse

C Masone

Perfect Storm
I have an E32-3, the first variation of the E32-200. A club member showed me is 32-200, I assumed I would like it more than mine but when I stepped below I did not like it as much as the 32-3. It's a personal preferance thing, but compare both for yourself. If you find yourself on Long Island contact me.

Chris A.

Member III
I'm in the greater Portland area and may be able to show you our 34 if the timing works out right. Contact me on the back channel if interested...

Cheers,

Art

Member I
Thanks to all the offers

Thank you to everyone who responded to my request to view an Ericson 32-200 or Ericson 34. My wife and I took Tom Metzger up on his offer and joined he and his wife Janet on their E-34 yesterday in Willsboro Bay, NY as they are the closest to us geographically. The Metzger's were very gracious and gave us a thorough showing of their 1987 boat followed by a lovely 2 hour sail. My wife and I were very impressed with the E-34. Thanks again to everyone. Art Weis

boethius27

Member II
My wife, Jenny, and I have been debating on upgrading to a larger boat for our liveaboard purposes. We've been looking into Freedom 40's and 44's. Four days before Art posted this message here, I posted a very similar one over at the Freedom Yachts website as seen here:

http://freedomyachts.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10201

As you can see, NOT ONE PERSON has taken the time to respond. Perhaps there is a lack of Freedoms in this area, but my benefit of the doubt mentality is being tested here.

This thread and the many replies to it are one more reason to stick with our beloved Madrigal.

Oh, and btw Art, if you are ever in Boston area feel free to come by and visit our e35-2 :egrin:

thanks everyone!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The group here is indeed both thoughtful and helpful.
Perhaps worth noting, however, is that there are a lot fewer Freedom owners out there.

We looked at a Freedom 36/38 seriously a year ago, but finally decided that we just did not want to accept the risk in a multi-decade cored hull.

Also, replacement of a carbon spar is magnitudes more expensive than a more common aluminum spar, should you ever need to. Our opinions are worth less than the usual $.01, on this, however...
:rolleyes:

Regards,
Loren

ps: if anyone wants to sail on an Ericson out here in the other Portland, just let me know! Besides our O-34, there is a 33RH and and 32-3 in my club, along with some 27's, a 29, and a 39!

Last edited:

boethius27

Member II
I certainly know that there are less Freedoms out there and I really have taken that into account. Truth be told, I've met very few snoody sailors who wouldn't be happy to show off their boat. I even know some very personable Hinckley owners! but that might just have to do with Bruce King :p

Anyhow, I just found the juxtaposition of the two threads amusing :egrin:

Kirk Leoni

Re: 32-200

HI Art, I have a 32-200 in Boothbay Harbor, ME. Let me knwo if you would like to check it out, If you are interested, send me your e-mail address and we can set up a time/date...it will be in the water until the end of the month (Sept.) regards, Kirk