• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Deck leaks

Blue Moon

Member I
Hi all,

Thought I would pass this along. I had 2 deck leaks on our E333 which were tough to find, 1 in the bow, leaking into the V-berth and one in the head, both starboard side. Finally resolved the problem, after rebedding the bow pulpit, stantions, jib track, etc., which did not help. The leaks were caused by voids in the hull deck joint. It is a flush joint behind the toe rail. Water ran along the top of the toe rail and funneled in the void causing a fairly substantial leak in the bow. The leaks were there when I bought the boat and had rotted the woodwork in the V. When I finally found the cause, fairly easy to fix though. Removed the rub rail, filled in the voids w/ expoxy. Also added resin for overkill, the recaulked the rub rail. Now I have a dry boat which allowed me to replace the teak venier plywood in the V.

I also changed the anchor locker drain to drain out the side of the hull instead of into the boat to run to the bilge. I really don't understand why it would be designed that way in the first place, but... it is changed now.:egrin: