• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

82 M25 Pulley

dcoyle

Member III
This evening had problems with engine. Found pulley not spinning in fan belt loop. It is the top pulley , not sure what it drives. I suspect it is the anti freeze pump. I know it`s not the crank or raw water pump, and it defenitly is not turning. although the other pulleys do turn. Any body able to explain what needs to be done to fix?

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
DC,

Yeah, I think that is the water pump for the fresh water (antifreeze) system. The best source for that water pump might be a Kubota Tractor dealer. I think the M25 is a D850 Kubota block. There are some other threads about that designation here.

Of course you could get it from Marine Diesel Direct (Torresen Marine) but you will pay a lot more than from Kubota. Try to confirm what you need from their web site, though, but then buy from Kubota.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Doug that is the fresh water pump. You can buy one at a Kubota dealer out in Gorham(I think). I actually have one that I carry as a spare if you want to use it and just replace it next week.

Sorry I missed your call last night. We hit the sack early. Call me on my cell this morning if you like. I will be out to the boat this afternoon around 3pm.

dcoyle

Member III
Thanks for the help guys. The pump Tim Reilley had fit. The Universal part $279. The Kabota tractor engine pump from Messner(?), an online parts supplier= $96. They must use some really good stuff in the universal pump!