• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Misc E29 parts needed

PatrickMcHugh

I am looking for the following goodies for my E29. I thought I would ask you all before buying new. Thanks!

- Interior Cushions in any condition. I will recover them if they are worn, I am mainly looking for the foam. Nice ones are bonus. These will have to be within a few hundred miles of the Chesapeake area.

- Atomic 4 shift cable

- 2 burner stove similar in size to the origonal

westcoastcat

Member II
Have a complete set of cushions, vinyl, good condition, from an E29. Complete except minus the v-berth filler, but so cal is a long way away and these would be tough to ship. Anyone closer?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Ker-Whoosh !

Not to put wild ideas into your heads, but when an upholsterer put new foam into our flat cushions he ordered up the foam and it came in a surprisingly small package...
It arrived rolled up quite tightly and as far as I could tell, vacuum packed! When he opened it up and slit the plastic it all unrolled and expanded awesomely.

Maybe the foam could be removed from the covers and somehow compressed in some fashion? No, I do not know just how.... just spit-balling here...

Loren

Last edited:

westcoastcat

Member II
Loren - seems like that might work, I was hoping someone local would want them and they are just taking up "valuable" shop space, any offers....

westcoastcat

Member II
UBXF What are you looking for, I came across someone who had stripped an E29 completely then dumped the boat, I have a lot of what was left - I bought a lot of it as a package for my own E29 restoration.

tyrguy

Member II
whats left

Do you have a rough list of parts? (or is it a list of rough parts)

what kind of condition is the stove in?

What year 29?

westcoastcat

Member II
The parts that I have left from the E29 are, bow and stern pulpits, companion way ladder, door to the head, door to the v-berth, stanchions, interior cushions, battery box, another box with every screw, nut, bolt, etc. from the boat, the tiller / rudder post fitting, the electrical panels, old instruments, I took most of what isn't mentioned for my boat, and the rest was sold before I got to it. I am looking at another E29 for parts right now to pick up the winches, masthead fitting, windlass, etc.

arrenz

westcoast-
Do you have the metal casting that goes over the bow? I have an E29 and I'm looking for just the piece that covers and seals the bow, goes over the chainplate for the forestay and seals the joint. If you dont have one, Anyone else hear of one or have one?

westcoastcat

Member II
arrenz, I do have an extra one, it is pretty badly corroded, like most of them, it is currently on my boat, the loose one is in excellent shape and I will install this when I replace the rubrails. Both of them are at the harbor, will not be back there till this weekend, let me know if you need a pic. The E28 two down from me at the marina just refurbished his, it was broken - he had it welded then filled in with an epoxy filler where it was pitted then fully powder coated - looks brand new - I will probably have mine powder coated before installing.

westcoastcat

Member II
E29 stove

Just noticed the question about the stove, great shape, alcohol - worked fine I just don't want an alcohol stove on my boat, I'll stick with propane, used it for years with no problems, besides it seems like you get more bang for the buck with propane, literally.

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Westcoastcat, was that your E29 I saw last week in Bellport Anacapa boatyard? I came in right behind an E29 that had a whole lot of bottom growth on it; they were scraping it off with shovels!

westcoastcat

Member II
mherrcat, not my boat, but I will be hauling out there in about three / four months. Was out sailing Sunday, had a great day with the whole crew - wife and four kids. No dog, she gets seasick on monohulls. I am Vintage Marina, sail every Sunday, and once or twice a month midweek. BTW, I have never, and would never let the bottom of any boat I owned get that bad.

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
That's good to hear. The boat I saw had at least a 4 inch coating of mussels, crabs and all kinds of stuff growing on it...