• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E27 - Bow Roller

Patrick Greer

I'm looking to add a bow roller for my 25lb. CQR. I have neigbor with an E27 two slips down who has a stainless steel roller that has a triangular base, with the roller off set just enough to make room for the standard E27 forestay.

It's a great arrangement, but I can't find anything like this anywhere.

Like him, I have a 6 inch cutout with a deckplate that leads to the chainlocker. The port/starbord running lights are O.E.M., top-mounted on the edges of the deck about eight inches aft of the tip of the bow.

Does anybody know who these originally came from, or where to get one?

If not, any other ideas on a different setup?

I've attached a picutre of his bow roller mount.

Thanks,
Patrick
E27-bow roller.jpg

TRMN8R

Member II
I'm interested in doing the same thing......I have a roller furler and I viewed other s/b's in the marina with offset mounts.............curious, tho..........I don't have a deck opening to a chain locker????:confused:

Chain locker

Hi,

When I bought my E-27 (1973, OB, #372) in 1976 it already had a deck opening and chain locker. A year or so ago I finally replaced the deck hawse pipe from an elliptical shape to round and with spring-loaded cap that shuts automatically. It's large enough to easily capture the rather large chain section (two fathoms) I use.
I had the new hawse pipe installation professionally done. It's perfect. Having stuff off the foredeck is a blessing you'll enjoy. We're on the foredeck more than the average bear because I use hanked-on sails.
Noticed in the picture of another E-27 above your post that the owner was still using the OEM navigation lights that came with the boat. I replaced mine with an Aqua Signal (Series 25 Classic) light with one bulb. It is situated high in the pulpit for better visibility and the amperage draw for that one bulb is less than two bulbs and the illumination is better. It is also more out of the spray and water coming aboard.
Morgan Stinemetz

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
For what it's worth here is the arrangement I have which is offset. In hind sight I wish I had installed the roller farther out and had it welded flush to the tang. I like to remove the cowl vent when anchoring but I really don't have to.

I fabricated a teak riser that is barely viewable here to support the back of the roller. I think I could have actually mounted the roller farther forward with out the riser. I will say this. It is very secure and strong. The price was right for this roller even though it may not be the best arrangement for my E-27. I paid $60. at Minney's in Costa Mesa for a brand new one.

http://www.minneysyachtsurplus.com/

Attachments

• P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 136
  • P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 136
  • P1010003.jpg
    P1010003.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 125

Loren Beach