• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Hull Number

amadon light

Member II
How does one go about finding which is the hull number for e31i ? Also is there a way to track previous owners ?

Last edited:

TRMN8R

Member II
Don't know about the 31 but as previously stated, it's molded into the transom on mine as well as a MSO plate near the companionway. Also, if you have any of the original sails, it's there too. Hope this helps!

richwilson

Member I
Hull number is in the Hull ID # stamped on the transom:

Should be ERY31XXYYZZZZ, where YY is the hull number.

Glyn Judson

E31 hull Number location.

Jim, As others have said, the number should appear on the transom in the upper right corner. That said, I know of a couple E31's that have had work done on them and in the process, have lost the hull number in that location. You might want to look on the underside of cabinet drawers, etc. In that case, just the two numbers of your hull will appear in felt marker. As you know, yours is of course hull #30 so look for just that number. Regards, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

Glyn Judson

Your E31 hull number.

Jim, I forgot to mention that your complete number will read ERY31X30M78I. Please note that the last character is a letter (I) and not a number (1). Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey, CA

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Elusive HIN

Production boat builders, power and sail, all (AFAIK) used a Dymo brand labeler to put the HIN on the transom and again on on inside frp part. I have seen the inside "security" secondary label on engine bed log moldings and other places out of normal public view.
For instance, on my own boat it was done on the surface of the flat molding for the aft berth surface --- all the way aft on the port side corner... gotta lift the cushion aside and crawl back to the foot of the berth with the flashlight to see it...
:nerd:
I'll bet that some owners of this model have seen where the secondary HIN is molded in, and that some others have never found/noticed it at all! :cool:

As to having the transom HIM covered by a repair or refinish, any reputable yard or shop should have their own Dymo labeler and be able to put a replacement HIN back on the specified location as part of the glass work and $$$ LPU paint job. I personally know a guy who does just that on all repaints and restorations.

The cabinet shop also used the sail number (aka the one design # or hull number) inked on the back of cabinets and sole pieces to keep track of this stuff after they constructed parts from plans and patterns.

Hope this helps a little.

Regards,
Loren

(who has found his boat's three digit hull # on the underside of removable sole access plates...)

Last edited: