• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson Helmet Logo

Mike.Gritten

Member III
All,

A while back several people expressed an interest in finding the Ericson viking helmet logo to have a sign shop cut them decals for use on their boats. I have vectorized a scan I had of the logo and the resulting EPS file can be used by any shop capable of cutting the vinyl. I am only able to upload a JPEG file here, but, I can supply the EPS to EY.com if it is useful to post, perhaps in the Specs & Docs area. If not, email me, and I can email you the file. This is no cost to anyone. There might be an issue of copyright if Pacific Seacraft owns all the Ericson names now.....Hmmm.

Mike Gritten

Papillon '75 E35-2

Robert Mann

Member I
Is there any "magic" in the type of vinyl that should be used for boat graphics and decals? What should one ask for at the local sign shop?

Thanks
Robert Mann
Wind Warrior '88 E26

Mike.Gritten

Member III
Robert,

I would just tell your sign shop that it is for a marine application. There are certain types of vinyl that are designed to work in this environment.

Cheers,

Mike
'75 E35-2 Papillon

Attachments

• ericson-helmet-logo.jpg
    ericson-helmet-logo.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 11,563

Brisdon

Inactive Member
I had mentioned (many months ago) that I found the Ericson helmet logos for sale at Pacific Seacraft. Well schedules being what they are, I finally got around to installing them on my newly painted shear stripe (well, not so newly painted by the time I got them on). They're great! They do two colors, black and white. The medium size is what they recommended and they look the right scale for the stripe.

txboatlady

Ericson logo

Hi Mike. We are new here and I'm just trying to familiarize myself with this great site. I was going to try and hand draw the logo. How great I found you had already done all the work. I would appreciate it if you would email me the vectorized scan file to txboatlady@hotmail.com
Thanks a million.:egrin:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
EPS File Now Available...

If you wish to download the eps file mentioned in this thread, click on the link below, and then say 'ok' to download it. What you'll get is an image you can use in Photoshop or provide to whomever your vendor is to make the decal.

One word of caution, however - please note that the logo and name of 'Ericson Yachts' is the property of Pacific Seacraft, Inc - and as such, this site is providing it as a courtesy to owners for non-commercial purposes only .

:egrin:

Click Here for the Ericson EPS File...

Thanks,
//sse

tenders

Innocent Bystander
The .eps file appears to no longer download from the FTP server on which it was placed. Gosh, it's only been 14.5 years, what's going on around here? :)

Last edited:

Teranodon

Member III
Maybe everyone already knows this, but according to historians, vikings never wore horned helmets. Germanic priests introduced that particular headgear fashion, but it was linked to a different brand of paganism.

GrandpaSteve

Sustaining Member
Maybe everyone already knows this, but according to historians, vikings never wore horned helmets. Germanic priests introduced that particular headgear fashion, but it was linked to a different brand of paganism.

I believe our logo is based on the helmets of the cool vikings who are more rare than the normal population of vikings, historians don't know about them. The NFL does know about them.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Sailing Pagans

So are you saying that we're a bunch of sailing Pagans? I've been called worse.:egrin:
Guess I'll keep the log on the stern of my boat.

Chris Taylor

All,

A while back several people expressed an interest in finding the Ericson viking helmet logo to have a sign shop cut them decals for use on their boats. I have vectorized a scan I had of the logo and the resulting EPS file can be used by any shop capable of cutting the vinyl. I am only able to upload a JPEG file here, but, I can supply the EPS to EY.com if it is useful to post, perhaps in the Specs & Docs area. If not, email me, and I can email you the file. This is no cost to anyone. There might be an issue of copyright if Pacific Seacraft owns all the Ericson names now.....Hmmm.

Mike Gritten

Papillon '75 E35-2
I realize this post was from a long time ago but can I get the vector art file of the Ericson logo please and thank you. My email is chris@project142.com

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
All,

Mike Gritten

Papillon '75 E35-2
Email me a copy of it at seanengle@gmail.com Mike, and I'll ensure it gets put into the archive.

//sse