• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

CPT AP Update

celtium

Member III
Well, it's in and I love it.

It took my friend and I about 8 hours total including wiring etc.

Sea trials went great! The unit is extremely quiet, I like that. Going between Richardson Bay and SF in 26 knot wind it performed pretty darned well. We had the belt to loose so it skipped some gears in a heavy wind, tightened it later so that problem should be gone. But it did an exceptional job.

Using the remote for steering under power was a dream, kinda like using a computer mouse :nerd:.

The company owner said they are working on a digital model, but are going very slow as the analog unit is so good they don't want to mess up a good thing. However, when it's ready, they expect it to be NMEA compatible, kewl.

Overall, it was very easy to install, it works, very well, has low power consumption, and it's quiet. Two thumbs up!!

Jay
E38-200
SF Bay

Sven

Seglare
Thanks for the update !

How well did the installation fit into the cockpit layout and what was the final cost ?

-Sven

celtium

Member III
How it fit

Hi Sven,

It looks exactly like the pictures. If I were to be really critical I would say the CPT motor, in my cockpit, might be different in yours, was a little tight between the helmsman and wheel. But my feet are never that tight together so it wasn't an issue.

If I were to do it again...retrospect etc...I would have mounted the CPT compass to a bulkhead (?). Directly behind the wheel is a little tight and because it has to be between the boat compass and the CPT motor, it's a little low and I have to reach in between the belt to adjust it or reach around. That's a little inconvenient, but not bad. So...if I were you, I would consider mounting it in a more user freindly location on the port or starboard side of the cockpit, you just need to tell Jeff where you're installing it so he can build it accordingly.

Final cost was $2,062.00 tax and freight included with a couple extra fittings. The labor was done by my friend and I .

Hope that answers your questions, if not feel free and I will do my best.

LTR

Jay
E 38-200
SF Bay