• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Deck fill fitting "O" rings

Does anyone know the manufacturer of the original deck fill fittings, or the replacment oring size for the caps. The 1-1/2"IDx1-3/4"OD 1/8" material is to big. The consequence of using the wrong size or one that doesn't seal on the Diesel fill, could ruin your day.

Thanks
Rich
s/v Breeze
E25+ 1983

newgringo

Member III
My "Parker O- Ring" book says that o-rings in 1 1/2 in ID are available in both 1/16 inch dia and 3/32 inch dia cross sections. Search around and you can find them. I use 3/32 for mine and tighten 1/4 turn after contact. Need to change every year due to weather and UV exposure. A bigger problem is getting a compound that will take UV. Have not solved that yet. Try http://www.mcmaster.com/#o-rings/=2w3w9a. They have lots to choose from.

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
A company called Seadog makes the caps that fit the original Ericson deck fill fittings. I don't have the part # with me but will post when I get back to boat. Don't know if they have individual "O" rings; maybe.

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner
I got a 1 5/8" O ring at our local Lowe's home improvement store. It fit tightly & 1 year later it seems to be holding up well against the elements. It was cheap.:egrin:

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Sea-Dog part #351270-1 Stainless Steel Replacement Cap.

I believe they were about $18 ea.

mkollerjr

Member III
Blogs Author
Hello,

I recently bought a spare Perko deck fill cap and O-ring, naively thinking it would fit my E38 deck-fills. It did not fit.

I tried searching for the Sea Dog part number in the thread above with no luck. Does anybody know the part number for a suitable replacement? I'd like to at least have one spare cap in case one goes overboard.

Thanks,
Mark