• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Starter - Glow Plug Switches

tadslc

Member III
I'm starting to get some intermittent starting problems from my engine (MP25) and based on my electrical knowledge and searching on this site, have traced it down to the switches.

Does anyone have the replacement part numbers so I can go ahead and order them?

Thanks,

GMaurer

Member II
Wiring

I made the change-over to the heavier solenoid wiring recommended herein, and it made a huge difference.

tadslc

Member III
Thanks to all.
I just ordered 2 of these switches from Defender.
The beauty of the internet, you can always find it cheaper

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
You might want to first just check the connections on the existing switches. I looked at those connections on my panel last weekend when I replaced the oil pressure alarm and the screws were a little loose and the wire terminals were had a lot of corrosion on them. Sometimes the engine wouldn't turn over when the starter button was pushed. I thought it was an intermittent problem with the switch, but it might have been the loose/corroded wiring connections. I replaced all the wire terminals that connect to those switches, hooked it all back up and it seems to have made a difference. We'll see after a couple more startups if I have any more issues.

Last edited:

saildog

It may not be the switch. There was a bulletin out by Universal that the wire from the solenoid to the switch was too small and to install a larger wire.