• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Cockpit Control Panel

Tbacon

Have just purchased first sailboat,1974 Erickson 29. The control panel is missing for the cockpit. Could anyone aim me in a direction to replace it or where to get something that would work? It has the A-4 inboard so I would need the key, Blower etc. Any and all advice is appreciated.

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I do not believe the A4 had a default panel. If anyone knows this it would be Don Moyer at www.moyermarine.com

Any of those switches and gauges can be generic as they were on my Pearson.

Gmilburn

Member III
E29 Original Cockpit Gauge Panel

Here is a pic of the original E-29 Control Panel from my 1977 E-29 Tall with an Atomic 4. Obviously the temp gauge wasnt working when this photo was taken. The toggle switch on the lower right switched on the instrument lights--much to my dismay as I had hoped it switched on the blower for the engine compartment.

Here is a link to a custom control panel that I plan on installing over the winter--it looks great and is relatively inexpensive ($100) by sailing standards.

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?t=7485

We are basically neighbors--so if your ever down in the Rogers, AR area--give me a call and we can chat "ericson-tales".

Attachments

• guages.jpg
    guages.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 169

TRMN8R

Member II
BTW, identical to mine (on the E27) except that my blower sw is located on the low voltage distribution panel in the companionway. This thread gave me the idea to completely redo it and relocate the blower sw to the control panel in the cockpit.............nice info on Front Panel Express, thankyou!

pmarsha3

Member II
Have just purchased first sailboat,1974 Erickson 29. The control panel is missing for the cockpit. Could anyone aim me in a direction to replace it or where to get something that would work? It has the A-4 inboard so I would need the key, Blower etc. Any and all advice is appreciated.

I made new face out of 1/4 teak. It was really easy and it looks great. I would really like to make a new bezel out of teak as well. The old fiberglass bezel is pretty well beat up and the teak would look awesome.

Paul

Lucky Dog

Member III
Teak plywood control panel?

May I assume that you refer to teach plywood for the control panel? If so,or you wanted acrylic send me the layout. I pretty sure I can get it done for less. I just routed out a 4 by 4 foot sign today for a friend. Just a thought.

ml