• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Hull Deck Joint Leak

HughHarv

Hugh
I have a significant leak above the galley. The interior fiberglass tape over the joint was cracked in a couple of places right where the water was seeping in so I removed a six inches of the tape. The filler in the joint was also cracked, widest part of the hull, maybe dock damage? Anyhow, I picked out the fractured filler to see where the water was coming from. When I pour water on the rubrail, it goes right into a crack between the rubrail and the hull where one area on the toe rail has pulled away. I'm thinking there must have been caulking there at one time, but before I get too far ahead of myself, I'd like to here from you all about fixing this leak.

HughHarv

Hugh
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffffb; COLOR: #fffffb" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
I have a significant leak above the galley. The interior fiberglass tape over the joint was cracked in a couple of places right where the water was seeping in so I removed about six inches of the tape. The filler in the joint was also cracked, widest part of the hull, maybe dock damage? Anyhow, I picked out the fractured filler to see where the water was coming from. When I pour water on the rubrail, it goes right into a crack between the rubrail and the hull where one area on the toe rail has pulled away. I'm thinking there must have been caulking there at one time, but before I get too far ahead of myself, I'd like to here from you all about fixing this leak.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->