• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Virtually new E39 .75 oz spinnaker

Sven

Seglare
When I first measured it I was overjoyed because I thought it was a cruising spinnaker ... I had measured wrong. It is a symmetric spinnaker measuring 47' x 47' x 27' foot +/- a few inches.

It is white, yellow and orange and I think the fabric is spotless. The cringles and surrounding fabric look as if it may never have been hoisted for more than a daysail, or someone did a spectacular clean-up job.

I don't know if we should try to have it recut as an asymmetric but assume I'd be wiser to either trade it in at Minnies or sell it to pay for an asymmetric.

So I am actually asking for suggestions more than offering it for sale unless someone is dying to buy it.

Words of wisdom ?

-Sven

Meanolddad

Member III
Hi Sven

I personally would sell it on Ebay or somewhere like that if you decide to not use it. Minneys will only give you $50.00 for it. We bought a jib from them and discussed selling a genoa we did not need. The guy behind the counter said that was all they ever offered for a sail. It makes sense since they have to store it until someone needs it. On a positive note the jib we bought did not fit and Minneys took it right back.

Greg

Sven

Seglare
Hi Greg,

I personally would sell it on Ebay or somewhere like that if you decide to not use it. Minneys will only give you $50.00 for it.

Thanks for that advice. What you say about Minnys makes perfect sense and explains how their business model keeps them in business.

-Sven

Shamwari

Please Contact Admin.
spinnaker

Sven
How much do you want for your spinnaker? I have an E-39 and was planning on eventually getting one.
John

Sven

Seglare
Hi John,

How much do you want for your spinnaker? I have an E-39 and was planning on eventually getting one.

That's a good question. I tried looking up prices for spinnakers and saw prices from $400 for "needs repair, many patches" to $2800 for "never used". Those were in the same size range but most were 1.0 or 1.5 oz., only a few 0.75 oz.

You don't happen to have an asymmetric to trade for ? :egrin:

Let me take a few pictures of it to post so you can see if you can even stand the color scheme. You might also want to check to see if ~47' by ~47' by ~27' foot would fit your rig ?

As you might expect, it does have a bag :) and it does not look as new but it does look a bit dusty/dirty from sitting in the sail locker.

-Sven

Sven

Seglare
Let me take a few pictures of it to post so you can see if you can even stand the color scheme.

It is hard to get it spread out indoors :egrin: but I didn't want to put it on the ground outside so these pics will have to do.

Attachments

• DSC_9766.jpg
    DSC_9766.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_9767.jpg
    DSC_9767.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_9768.jpg
    DSC_9768.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC_9769.jpg
    DSC_9769.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC_9770.jpg
    DSC_9770.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 58

Sven

Seglare
And the last 2 or 3 ...

-Sven

Attachments

• DSC_9771.jpg
    DSC_9771.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_9772.jpg
    DSC_9772.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 61

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Might keep it

Sven, if you still sail in SOCAL you should consider recutting it to an A-Sail. If you sail in SF Bay I would go with a 1.5, but 3/4 is fine for the conditions you will feel comfy using it in-especially in SOCAL.. I am sure $300 or less will do it, and you will have a really nice cruising kite.
This way you don't have to do anything but leave it with a sailmaker for a week!

Just a thought

Sven

Seglare
Sven, if you still sail in SOCAL you should consider recutting it to an A-Sail. If you sail in SF Bay I would go with a 1.5, but 3/4 is fine for the conditions you will feel comfy using it in-especially in SOCAL.. I am sure $300 or less will do it, and you will have a really nice cruising kite.
This way you don't have to do anything but leave it with a sailmaker for a week!

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

-Sven