• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Tourist info

dwigle

Member III
In a little over a week, my wife and I will be getting off the train in Chicago, then spending the next 19 days getting to the New Orleans train station. While we have been researching the typical tourist stuff to see along the way I was wondering if there any sailing/ nautical sights that shouldn't be missed. We'll be spending at least three days in Chicago, then basically following the Mississippi south with side trips to whatever seems interesting.
So, what should we not miss?

Don Wigle
Wiggle Room
E38 #8
Pt Richmond, CA

Lucky Dog

Member III
There is so much

I use to live there, 20 years ago. Still go back 3 or 4 times per year to see family and friends. If you like museum stuff, highly recommend the Science and Industry Museum on the south side, lots of cool stuff. Down town by the lake is the History Museum which has a great maritime history section. The yacht clubs are always worth a walk to see other peoples boats. I just recently did a Segway tour of lake-shore architecture. There a restaurant that rotates on top of (~Holiday Inn) that lets you see a little of everything. There is several boat tours that are fun is you like architecture. Navy pier is mall with a huge Ferris wheel. The Shed Aquarium is very different from others.

Ginos East Pizza and Portillio hotdogs and italian beef are worth the trip alone.

This weekend is Taste of Chicago, I think.

Maybe there is fellow Ericson owner that would take you out for a bribe of their favorite liquid beverage in a aluminum cylindular shape.

ml