• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Fellow Ericson 32-2 owners?

windjunkee

Member III
I have an Ericson 32-2 (1970) hull #134 in Redondo Beach. We've done lots of rennovation on her, so if you have questions, feel free to ask and welcome to the family.

Jim McCone
Voice of Reason, 32-2
Redondo Beach, CA

2006wrangler

Inactive Member
Thank You for your response Jim

My Ericson is Zealous; I too purchased her through eBay for $7200, on Jan. 27th.
As I'm getting to know her, one of my first concerns is the sliding hatch into the main cabin: the boat came with a dodger; however, I removed the dodger to see if it was the cause during the rainy weather for the water to drip into the cabin at the starboard & port forward corners of the hatch.
Have you had any similar issue with your sliding hatch? Does your boat have a dodger?

ref_123

Member III
32-2 about to be auctioned

Hi folks,

I am a proud owner of E32-3 in Brisbane Marina, SF Bay. Sadly, a formerly nice looking 32-2 in a slip nearby is about to be auctioned as the owner abandoned her about a year ago... For all I know, poor guy (we used to talk) may be dead. The boat is still in a fair condition, if you discount all the dirt and grime. No sails though. The teak has gone gray of course.

The guy used to take great care of her. She has unique ports - he set up some colored glass pictures there. Hard dinghy still sits on the bow, too.

Do you know anyone who might be interested? I do not think there will be a lot of bidding.

Regards,
Stan

Matey

Member III
Another 32-2

It looks like we have enough for a 32 round-up this summer..

I have the 1972 32-2 Sirena hull 255 . She's up in the Delta for the summer where I'm tearing into 18 years of neglect. My plan is to move out to Richmond at the end of the year.. re-fit !
I have the engine removed and just finished glassing in new beds. Tore out the steering this week to do the same. New holding & fuel tanks are next. I rewired all the 110V and will pick away at the 12v this summer.
I've amassed allot of pictures (the memory, you know) if it might help any of you out. This site and the Atomic 4 forum have been invaluable in my endeavors, along with Wally Bryant's web page. http://www.wbryant.com/StellaBoat/projlist.htm

Feel free to contact me with any comments / questions or consolations

Regards, Greg
gregrohde@gmail.com

Attachments

• Sirena (59).jpg
    Sirena (59).jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 155
  • steer 010.jpg
    steer 010.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 165
  • steer 036.jpg
    steer 036.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 144

2006wrangler

Inactive Member
E32-2 California

Cool,
We now have MATEY, ref 123, windjunkee, & 2006wrangler; my hope is that we can begin sharing: 'fellow E32-2' info!!!
2006wrangler(Mike) :)

Blue Chip

Member III
Original Owner

BLUE CHIP is a 1990 32-200 hull 913 bought at a boat siow on Alameda.
It's "birthday" in the family is May 15th.
Does it count in the "group?
It's dark blue hull at D-11 in Grand Marina.

windjunkee

Member III
Actually, that's good to know, if she is selling for $19,200. That's not a bad price. I paid $8k for VOR with a broken engine. Over the past 6 years, we've upgraded virtually everything, including winches, lines, line clutches, standing rigging, electronics, rudder, radios. We've rebuilt the steering, added a hydraulic backstay adjustor, put in an auto pilot, changed out all the sails, upgraded the galley, changed out the portlights and had her repainted from topside to bottom. I would have been surprised to get $16k for her if I were to sell. However, the only reason to sell would be to upgrade to a bigger boat for the purpose of racing Transpac in 2011. We're not quite ready to pull the trigger on that buy yet, so I'm happy with what I have.

Happy New Year everyone!

Jim McCone
Voice of Reason E-32-2 Hull 3134
Redondo Beach, CA

Blue Chip

Member III
who is????

Does anyone recognize this Ericson that was in front of the Ferry Building in SF on Sunday, the 31st about One in the afternoon?J ust curious. The fog was just clearing out as I was getting off the Vallejo Ferry.

Attachments

• Ferry 031.jpg
    Ferry 031.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 122
  • Ferry 025.jpg
    Ferry 025.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 97

ref_123

Member III
Too many to guess

There is quite a few E-boats in South Beach and around. Most of them are not signed up for the site though. There are at least 3 actively racing - 29, 33 and 35.

Regards,
Stan

Blue Chip

Member III
Number's up!

28565....anyone reccognize the number? Obviously a fairly serious racer...or some owner was at one time I guess.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
'88 or '89

Our boat was sold new in the fall of '88, and the first owner put USYRU numbers on the sails right away... and then never raced it.
Since blocks of sail # are assigned by geographic area and our boat was sold in SF, it seems like one could make a close guess as to when the mystery Ericson got its numbers (if I understand the system properly).

LB

Vincent

Member II
Recognize this

Does anyone recognize this Ericson that was in front of the Ferry Building in SF on Sunday, the 31st about One in the afternoon?J ust curious. The fog was just clearing out as I was getting off the Vallejo Ferry.
I Know that boat! O ! It's mine Chai D.M an E28+ out of Coyote Point Marina. We spent the night at Aquatic Park after the Three bridge, knowing we did very bad in the race we couldn't go home right away.
Realy we had a good weekend sailing.
Vincent :)

Attachments

• __fbjmg886.jpg
    __fbjmg886.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 970
Last edited:

Matey

Member III
Another mystery boat

We saw this one out racing last week as well in the Three Bridge Fiasco. Looks from the finishes to be Ergo or Sail a Vie ?

While our boat is not race ready yet .. we enjoyed the day, eye candy and even ducked out the Gate very briefly
:egrin:

Greg

Attachments

• 3BF-10 (10).jpg
    3BF-10 (10).jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 3BF-10 (8).jpg
    3BF-10 (8).jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 113

rainsv1

1974 32-2

If anyone is still out there in the bay area. I am rehabilitating this boat in Oakland Marinas. Let me know if anyone is active out there. :rolleyes:

kapnkd

kapnkd
My Ericson 32-2, 1972, #250; in S.F. Bay, Ca. I would love to link with fellow Ericson owners in this area. Thanks nmvrdgig@comcast.net :egrin:

Although I'm not in your area, I've owned my '73 Ericson 32-II (#296) since new. We've always done our own maintenance and repairs. Should you have any questions about the boat, I probably have already dealt with the issue at one time or another. ...Just give a shout.

Fair Winds! kkdiehl0427@sbcglobal.net

rainsv1

Although I'm not in your area, I've owned my '73 Ericson 32-II (#296) since new. We've always done our own maintenance and repairs. Should you have any questions about the boat, I probably have already dealt with the issue at one time or another. ...Just give a shout.

Fair Winds! kkdiehl0427@sbcglobal.net

Thank you for the offer! I am sure I will have quite a few questions. Working on replacing gas tank and wiring now.

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Blue Chip,

I would like to checkout your 32-200 sometime. I've never been on one and think that is the boat I would like to get when my (larger) slip waiting list number comes up. If you are willing I'd appreciate it. Or, anyone in the SF/Monterey Bay area with a 32-200?