• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Fellow Ericson 32-2 owners?

bozturk

Member I
Hello Christian, Kerry and Mr. Tenders,

Thanks for quick replies. I did not check the tread last week because i was not expexting you respond so soon. Thank you again. I also realized that i.made a typo in my previous post: my boat is.1975 E32, not 1972.

I did not start the rewiring project yet. Bunch of other things needs attention first: transmissin (docking with no reverse was not fun) automatic and manual bilge pump (replacing a 20-yearold hose tht goes under the most greasy parts of the boat), and now both batteries died on me. I am trying to decide if i should get 2 deep ceycle battery or get one starter battery. What about a third "emergency-only" battery? Too many decissions :)

Mr. Tenders, i would love to check your boat sometime but weekends are going to be tough, because i go to Pt. Washington to work on the boat. How are your weekdays?

bozturk

Member I
Hello Christian, Kerry and Mr. Tenders,

Thanks for quick replies. I did not check the tread last week because i was not expexting you respond so soon. Thank you again. I also realized that i.made a typo in my previous post: my boat is.1975 E32, not 1972.

I did not start the rewiring project yet. Bunch of other things needs attention first: transmissin (docking with no reverse was not fun) automatic and manual bilge pump (replacing a 20-yearold hose tht goes under the most greasy parts of the boat), and now both batteries died on me. I am trying to decide if i should get 2 deep ceycle battery or get one starter battery. What about a third "emergency-only" battery? Too many decissions :)

Mr. Tenders, i would love to check your boat sometime but weekends are going to be tough, because i go to Pt. Washington to work on the boat. How are your weekdays?

Sailsbad

32 2 ports

Hi Im new to this site, cant find where I post new Q. Im looking at a 32-2 1988, the plastic ports lenses are in need of replacement. Is there a place to get new lenses? Soory if I didn't do it right...Thanks Greg

kapnkd

kapnkd
Hi Im new to this site, cant find where I post new Q. Im looking at a 32-2 1988, the plastic ports lenses are in need of replacement. Is there a place to get new lenses? Soory if I didn't do it right...Thanks Greg

Hi Greg & WELCOME!

Not sure what you mean by “plastic ports” as those on the sides of the cabin trunk are tempered glass whereas the ones on top (forward hatch and main salon hatch are indeed of acrylic.

IF it is the side ports you need, there is a ‘78 E-32 that is about to be cut up with good aluminum ports and glass here in Michigan. It also has the two hatches that may be of interest for you (???). They need some clean up work on the Teak but the acrylic looked pretty good yet.

Just click on the “what’s new” link and scroll down (I think). You should be able to find it. It’s only been a little over a week since being posted. You’re in Toledo so I see and VERY close to see the boat and offerings first hand!

You are right, this site will get you more help from Ericson owners who have been there, done it an have the T-shirt for whatever problem you are going through.

Welcome aboard!!
-kerry

Last edited:

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Im looking at a 32-2 1988

Welcome! And if it is a 1988, it's almost certainly a 32-III... (or a variant, such as the 32-200)

The 32-2 is an older model (different hull design), built from 1969 to 1978.

Last edited:

kapnkd

kapnkd
Just purchased a '75 Ericson 32-2, hull 115 in the SF Bay Area. Looking forward to meeting other owners.

Welcome aboard!! You’re going to find this site a great reference for any and all matters regarding your previously owned Ericson.

Indeed, you will find a wealth of practical knowledge and experiences for anything you may find questions about.

...I’m curious about your hull number as mine is from ‘73 and is hull #296. (???)

We’d all love to see some photos and hear your plans for her!!!

kapnkd

kapnkd
That is truly weird and has me worried. Is there is list of hull numbers by year?

This was posted earlier on the EYO Site:

Hulls 1-24(???) Sailboatdata.com reports 24 Ericson 32 “Scorpions” were made in ‘67.

Hulls 101-573 are E32-2s, per Sailboatdata.com

#296 E-32 MkII “CaryOn” Grosse Ile MI

#604 E32-3 “Makana” (Ex Thelonious) Everett, WA
#641 E32-3 “Mariah” Gig Harbor WA
#655 E32-3 "Traveller", Knoxville, TN Shoal Keel

#658 E32-3 "Rag Time" Annapolis MD Shoal keel

#??? E32-3 "Rumor" (Ex Playmate) Richmond, CA
#??? E32-3 “Aylwin” Lake Champlain VT USA
#??? E32-3 “Mischief” Cataumet MA

#711 32-3 "Glory Days" Rock Hall , Maryland
#712 E32-3 "Delightful" Bainbridge Island, WA
#??? E32-3 “Summer Wind” Point Pleasant NJ