• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Used E23 mast for sale.

raslocum

Member I
I have some rigging and a used mast / boom from an old E23 that has gone to Ericson heaven. It aint pretty, but it isn't broken at least. If anyone has an interest I'll let it go cheap, or even trade? I could always use other stuff. whaddya got?

Powerboat stands?
bottom paint?

Yeah, that would be too easy......

i have a number of old sails as well. Let's call them "serviceable" Unfortunately, they are all mixed in w/ my sails for my 25. I'll get it sorted out if anybody is interested.

The mast is in Garland Texas. No, I can't Fedex it.:egrin:

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Where were you a month ago:esad: ....!!!!

Attachments

• Mast Pictures 004.jpg
    Mast Pictures 004.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Mast Pictures 001.jpg
    Mast Pictures 001.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Jeff~ It's a very short story. The spreader base mount broke for unknown reasons. All I saw out of the corner of my eye was a "free hanging" spreader and then a wierd noise and then timber!!! It has taken lots of therapy to even talk about this without using "colorful" words!!! My only advice is to closely inspect the mounts. In a few days I will post up my new rig and added features.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
I will understand if you don't want to talk about it until you have your rig back up. I go aloft about once a year and check the spreader brackets. I have increased the bolt sizes where the spreaders connect to the mast once already and added a bolt to the bracket where it goes in to the spreader on the port side. I have never really felt comfortable with the old cast aluminium brackets.

When your ready to talk about it give me some details about the conditions when it happened.

I feel your pain.