• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Time for our 4th annual Raftup?

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Yes I too can not make the 20th. Perhaps we can do a second one this fall? Whoa two on the water Ericson get togethers in one year?

dbwrcoach

Newbie from Wilmington DE: Hi

Hello
Can't do any raft-up this year (not even sure what that is). Bought a 20 year beached Erickson 27 named "the Mucky Duck" last spring and getting ready for a second season,,,, Just wanted to say hi to fellow Erickson owners... I love my boat... hope to talk to some one soon.

Aaron Rush

Emerald

Hi Aaron,

I saw The Mucky Duck several years back. Next door neighbor came close to buying her. Did you get the mast? If not, I could probably figure out where it was several years ago - if the rigger hasn't moved, I can find him again.

Emerald

Last Call

Given how quiet it has been, it looks like everyone has been busy enjoying a nice start to summer. I know that quite a few of the original group that expressed interest in the raftup has had other obligations come up. I have never been down to the Rhode or West River before, and really don't feel comfortable being the lead boat picking the spot. I also will not have my standard crew, and it's a bit of a trip for me to head off on solo.

Can we get a head count of who actually is planning and can someone take the lead, or should we just reschedule the event for later in the season when more people will be available anyway?

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Sorry but I'm really jammed up getting ready for a sail up to New England leaving July 9th. It is looking like I am not going to Cleveland Race week and will be around if want to raft up the 20th but I'm in no shape for spearheading an event. You guys decide where I can most likely make it happen. We will be back from New England first week of august. Broker tells me he has someone looking at Escape Plan this weekend who may want her in Maine so maybe the boat stays north and we fly home? Either way I'll be on this board for some time regardless of what boat I own...

Emerald

Given the combination of poor weather and what looks like a minimal turnout (3 of us?) it would seem to make sense to cancel this gathering.

I do look forward to meeting up with other Ericsons later in the season, and hope to see a raftup or other event organized.

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Yes, Sorry for my lack of comment on this topic lately. I am interested in a raftup this summer for sure but it will have to wait until after our cruise to New England. August 8th looks open?

Shadowfax

Member III
I've been watching this thread and would like to come, however I never know until the last minute if I am going to be down that weekend, or not. So it's up to the gods.

Might I also suggest Swan Creek as a meeting place, as there seemed to be some discussion on a meeting location. Good holding, very pretty, quiet and centrally located. Just a thought.

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Im flexible on location for sure. Date is the harder part. Sounds like John is in. Will wait to hear form others. Of course if Escape Plan sells I may need to hitch a ride or take my other boat...

Attachments

• jet.jpg
    jet.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 27

steven

Sustaining Member
Looks like our engine is humming again. It just quit for no reason while in gear and would not re-start. And then a few weeks later started for apparently no reason. Mechanic says it looks fine - maybe ethanol + high humidity gummed up fuel valve or something. Sure glad it isn't an airplane.

We're fine for late summer.

--Steve

John Butler

Member II
How many boats would come to an Ericson rendezvous at Swan Creek on Saturday, August 8? Are any interested in a fun race to Swan Creek, maybe starting around Thomas Point Light? I'll be out of town and generally away from the internet for about a week, beginning around noon tomorrow.

John
E38 - Red Rover

bayhoss

Member III
4th Raftup

This raftup sounds exciting. I may not be able to make early Aug. but want to hear about it anyway. In reading the posts it seems that I have committed an oversight. The rights to the name "Valinor" go to Mr. EGregerson. I bought my boat from him and it had that name at the time of purchase. I didn't know that he kept the name for his E34.

Frank Erdt
E28 "Valinor"

steven

Sustaining Member
Unfortunately, we are elsewhere committed on Aug 8. Anytime after that works fine.

--Steve

John Butler

Member II
Not many boats able to make the 8th. We were thinking about heading for Swan Creek anyway. However, given the current forecast for summertime hot and humid weather, we'll be staying at the dock (except for sailing this evening). We knew that early August was going to be hit or miss with the weather!

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
My wife has to host a baby shower sat the 8th so I am taking the boat and the kids over to rhode river. Admiral will probably come down by car and I'll send Max in to get her with the dinghy. Well he may need a little supervison. Need to get a governor on the dinghy outboard. damn kids...